crossovers

John Roman · 2768

Offline John Roman

on: April 17, 2011, 05:33:26 AM
Morning,
I'm in the process of "finishing" a pair of diy speakers that I've had for several years. A fellow Bottlehead (thanks Glynn) has inspired me to make some changes to the crossovers which has made me realize how much I enjoy these speakers and how over due the finish work is. What I'm hoping to accomplish is to hide the crossovers in some way to gain a very clean look for the finished speaker. These are a Dick Olsher  inspired 3-way known as the BassZilla Platinum Mark 2. Essentially a ported bass bin with a ribbon tweeter and Fostex mid on an open baffle.  At 97 db they are easy to drive with my Paramount's. Just looking for some ideas, maybe a website to look at. Have a great day everyone!
John

Regards,
John
Extended Foreplay 3 / 300B Paramount's / BassZilla open baffle/ Music Streamer 2 / Lenovo Y560-Win7-JRMC & JPlay

Offline Jim R.

• Blind Bottlehead
Reply #1 on: May 09, 2011, 04:11:41 PM
John,

Have a look at:

http://www.alkeng.com

Most of this relates toKlipsch heritage speakers, but on his main home page there is a lot of info on crossovers, including some design software.  I do believe he has a crossover for the Linkwitz Orion, which issimilar in concept to the speakers you hav e.

HTH,

Jim

Jim Rebman -- recovering audiophile

Equitech balanced power; uRendu, USB processor -> Musette DAC -> 5670 tube buffer -> Finale Audio F138 FFX -> Cain and Cain Abbys near-field).

s.e.x. 2.1 under construction.  Want list: Stereomour II

All ICs homemade (speaker and power next)

Offline John Roman

Reply #2 on: May 10, 2011, 12:40:51 PM
Thanks Jim,
Interesting link!
John

Regards,
John
Extended Foreplay 3 / 300B Paramount's / BassZilla open baffle/ Music Streamer 2 / Lenovo Y560-Win7-JRMC & JPlay