Bias leds HLMP-6000

Laudanum · 3065

Offline Laudanum

on: May 12, 2011, 02:41:16 AM
Builds end up getting tweaked and parts end up building up in the parts bin ... I assume this happens with just about any of us.
Well regarding the bias LED's, HLMP-6000, I think I have about a half dozen of these in the LED box.  I have no idea what I had them for, I cant remember.  But they look the same as those in the kit but Im guessing there are different variations on them, but the ones I have are red, labeled hlmp-6000 and ratings are 1.6V forward voltage and 50mA forward current.  If someone can verify if these specs are the same as those in the Crack please do and I'll keep them with the Crack spare parts that Im sure will build up with time.

Thanks

ps. I also have some of the same 5 tab terminal strips, I think, and a bunch of NOS and good used 12AU7 types (all US made though).  So I may already be on the way to adding another parts box to the cabinet :-)

Desmond G.

Offline Grainger49

Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 05:34:43 AM
Laudanum,

The HLMP-6000 has been used, in one form or another, by Bottlehead since I joined up around 2001.  I would expect that if it has that designation the specs have to be within what is given in all the data sheets. 

This is an item that you can use many places.

Offline Laudanum

Reply #2 on: May 12, 2011, 07:16:26 AM
I checked the data sheets.  There apparently are extensions to that part number with differings specs within the HLMP-6000 series, atleast for forward current.  There appear to be 3 of the red led's within the series and two have a lower forward current rating.  But if HLMP-6000 is not an abbreviated model number on the Bottlehead supplied or the ones that I have, then spec would be the same.
Probably not something that I want to assume so I'll leave them with the LED's. 

Thanks

Desmond G.

Offline Paul Joppa

• Global Moderator
Reply #3 on: May 12, 2011, 09:48:44 AM
I think there is only one HLMP-6000; there are others in the HLMP-6xxx series with different numbers for the xxx. 50mA is the absolute maximum current; I would not run them above 20mA myself. If you look at the voltage vs. current plot in the data sheet, you'll see that these have the lowest and most linear dynamic resistance - nearly vertical slope and little curvature to it.

Paul Joppa

Offline Laudanum

Reply #4 on: May 13, 2011, 12:15:38 AM
The ones that I have should be the same then, HLMP-6000 no extensions with the same specs.  So I guess I will put them in the Crack parts box :-)
Thanks Paul.

Desmond G.