Need help with Foreplay III extended

Anton · 5222

Offline Ritchie

Reply #15 on: October 22, 2011, 03:53:26 PM
How were the Mundorf silver/oil caps compared to the auricaps?
I'm thinking of replacing the Auri's with the mundorf's and reducing the cap value at the same time.
I've really liked the Mundorf silver/oils in other mods I have done, just not sure if they will be an improvement over the Auri's.

Thanks,
Ritchie

Ritchie M.

crack/speedball as preamp,linn lp12 w/radikal/keel/urika phono, linn majik 4100 active monoblocks,linn majik isobarik speakers(active).

Offline Anton

Reply #16 on: October 25, 2011, 01:28:06 AM
Ritchie,
I like it so far.
Although, they are still breaking in, probably - I have only about 60-70 hours on them. So - I am looking forward to further improvements )))
I ordered my caps from Parts Connexion.

Eros phono / Foreplay III extended upgrade / Paramount 300B/ S.E.X. 2.1 impedance switch upgrade

Offline Anton

Reply #17 on: February 17, 2012, 02:29:44 PM
Hi all, just a final update. I finally repaired my Foreplay III. It was somewhat crazy at work lately - was traveling a lot... But I took a day off today and replaced stock selector switch and attenuators with the ones from Goldpoint. It resolved my problem - so the cause of all was a selector switch indeed. Now I am a happy camper - sitting and listening to some records.
Thanks a lot to everybody for the advise - I admire a community here.
Happy long weekend and never stop spinning )))

Anton.

Eros phono / Foreplay III extended upgrade / Paramount 300B/ S.E.X. 2.1 impedance switch upgrade