No glow for me with the OD3

bainjs · 9100

Offline JC

Reply #30 on: October 11, 2011, 11:59:39 AM
Wow, that would be a treat!  Now that you have explained some of the innards, I am wondering if that Chorus arrangement isn't one of the reasons this instrument seemed to be such a monster!

I would advise against the Anvil case, BTW, unless you have a whole lot of young dummies like I was to help schlep it around...

Jim C.

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #31 on: October 11, 2011, 01:42:59 PM
I hauled the thing up from San Francisco last February and it's been in my garage where we off loaded it ever since. 441lbs! Took five of us to get it in the cargo van. I'm going to buy two furniture dollies and make a road over the lawn with plywood, so I can roll it over to my outside basement stairs. Then we'll lay plywood on the steps and get a couple ropes and let gravity help it into the basement where the speakers (170lbs. each), bench and pedals are waiting. Thought that turning the original Bottlehead basement headquarters into a music room would be a neat idea. If we ever sell the house it may come with a free organ in the basement...

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline Natural Sound

Reply #32 on: October 11, 2011, 06:02:08 PM
We listen to our favorite blues show on it every Saturday and Sunday night.

Does the radio station stream on the Internet? Is it KPLU? I really enjoy blues shows. Our local college radio station has a blues show on Wednesday nights. http://www.kunm.org/bluesshow.html

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #33 on: October 11, 2011, 06:19:42 PM
Yeah, John Kessler's show on KPLU, from 6 to midnight Sat. and Sun. Thanks for the link. I'll try to remember to check it out tomorrow night whilst packing for RMAF.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.