Meet at Bottleheadquarters, Bainbridge Island, Saturday, November 19, noon to 4

Doc B. · 7242

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
We haven't had a party here at HQ in several months. For this one I would like to combine a couple of themes:

First I think it's very overdue that we get the local crew together. I kinda miss the old days when everyone would come over to our place with their latest projects and hook 'em up. Let's do that!

Secondly, for a specific theme for this get together I would like to extend an offer to help folks with kits that may be needing troubleshooting. If you have one, bring it along and I'll sit down with you and figure out what's going on.

We'll have the big multiway system up and running, as well as all the headphone rigs. I'll also figure to have a non-multiway system that we can easily plug a pair of amps into to run them through the paces. (Clark, you listenin' bud?). Bring whatever you'd like to try out, amps, speakers, headphones, you name it.

And of course everyone is welcome to bring some nosh and adult beverages. There's a brewery going in next door that will be open in spring, but for now we'll have to supply our own brew...

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Count me in!  I'll bring the HD-800's and the AC powered Quickie for laughs.

A 20 watt 6550 SE amp being completed by then isn't out the question either.

-PB

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead

A 20 watt 6550 SE amp
An SE 845 amp being completed by then isn't out the question either.

-PB

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
And a forklift to move it!

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
I just moved one of these, plus two speaker cabinets, from my garage to my basement yesterday.
(https://forum.bottlehead.com/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nycfarmboy.com%2FhammondE%2Fe.jpg&hash=0323582561d3f5d8ae9f263c42ae06af8c8541a9)

About 800 lbs. total, 440 of which was the organ itself. Only took four people. I'm sure we can handle it at this end if you can find some patsies, uh, I mean, friends, at your end.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
I will check with the patsies.  Some custom tube amps may have been made in trade for moving help last year...

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Offline Mr. Davis

This sounds like an excellent opportunity to check out the SMACK and the Bottlehead DAC!!

Perry Davis

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
I just got the headphone listening station in the lobby back together yesterday (we took most of it to RMAF). And for now the music server/DAC is the source for the station. So the timing would be very good indeed to listen to them together.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Just a bump to remind everyone of the meet here at Bottleheadquarters this Saturday. Bring your project, your ears and maybe an adult beverage or nosh. We have been slowly and steadily tuning up the main system since the last time we had an open house, and it's sounding pretty good, with a lot better imaging and bass. And we have the headphone listening station fully operational.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline Aural Robert

I'll be driving down from Vancouver Canada. Any other Canucks out there interested in car pooling? I've got room for 2. I live in Surrey and will be leaving ~ 8am on Saturday morning, going via the Aldergrove crossing and then down the I5.

Origin Live Calypso TT w String Theory arm & Shure V15VxMR, Eros or BH DAC -> BeePre -> MonAmor 2A3s w JJ's => Blumestein Bamboo Tritons on Blumenstein Bamboo stands, AND Enhanced SEX w Sexy spkrs and subs in the WAF zone. DIY Belden 89259 w Eichmann interconnects throughout

Offline GVSparkchaser

I had a recent top cap failure on one of my 816s but managed to dig through the many still packed boxes and press my spare into service.  In light of this happy news I will be bringing my 76 Soulsister to the party.  I've never had the opportunity to listen to it on a well voiced system, and welcome the opportunity to hear both it and any impressions of it's character from those of you not afflicted with proud papa syndrome.  I'll also see about bringing some "Olde Frothingslosh".

Scott

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
I'll have a few items for sale at the meet this Saturday -

The last pair of Straight 8s. These are my own, with the kit cabinets in a sort of light walnut finish, Aurum Cantus G2si tweeters and external passive crossovers on breadboards. Biampable, ready to play, 8 ohms, 96dB sensitivity. This would have been about $1400 worth of kit and upgrade tweeters, the best sounding version of the S8s that I came up with. I'm asking $650. We'll help you load them up and I'll include a pair of replacement ribbons for the tweeters.

A handful of built up C4S and shunt reg boards. These are from various prototypes and such, sold as parts. $5 each.

A Dynaco Stereo 70. No tubes, has cage and manual, all iron tests good. $250
A Dynaco PAS 2 and FM-1, brass faces, missing knobs, definite projects. $40 each
A single Heath W5M, no tubes, does have cage, all iron tests good. $250
Proceeds from these Dynas and Heath help a friend to pay for care of her elderly parent.

Uher 4200 tape recorder - not running. I had this crazy idea that I was going to put this in my Mercedes. Like I don't have enough silly projects. $20

« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 01:45:02 PM by Doc B. »

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline fullheadofnothing

• Global Moderator
  • A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man
I am super excited to finally be able to attend a Bottle-meet. Having just moved to Seattle and most of my stuff still being in boxes, I figured I would just be bringing beer, but then I remembered: my wife found my AKG K340s. I think they were packed with her shoes (professional movers make some weird choices...). So I'll be bringing those along for anyone who wants a Smack or Crack at the Electrostats. Oh, and I'll still bring beer!

Also, do people convene on the ferry? From the discussions here, I'm figuring most people will be found near the bar. I'm aiming for the 11:25 from Seattle, and I'll be a walk-on if someone would be so kind as to let me thumb a ride to the HQ.

Looking forward to putting faces to screen-names,
Josh

Joshua Harris

I Write the Manuals That Make The Whole World Sing
Kit Packer Emeritus

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
So I'll be bringing those along for anyone who wants a Smack or Crack at the Electrostats.

Awesome, would really love to hear them.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
As mentioned in another thread, we hope to have a proof of concept 300B preamp running by Saturday. We have one channel complete, and it rocks.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.