Powered subwoofer

Thoburn · 2112

Offline Thoburn

on: October 30, 2011, 01:37:09 PM
Hi Gang,

I have Lowther DX-4 drivers in a Lowther Medallion cabinet. They are driven by a 2A3 Stereomour. My listenspace is very large. I normally have the volume set at about 9 o'clock. I would like to put a set of Rythmic 12 subs in the base of the cabinets powered by Rythmic amplifiers. I would like to hook the amplifiers up to the speaker terminals. Do you think run the Rythmic amps in such a way will degrade the sound quality of just the amp and drivers combination?

Dynavector DV-20X2L > VPI Scout II > Musical Surroundings NovaPhonomena
Mac Mini > USB DACiTx
Stereomour > Lowther Medallion DX4 and Rythmic Subs
Monster Power HTS3600

Offline 2wo

• Test
Reply #1 on: October 30, 2011, 05:02:25 PM
That should work fine, the Rythmic is a good amp. I have a PE amp and I don't hear a difference. You can always connect to the line level and compare...John 

John Scanlon

Offline ebag4

• Bottlehead and GR Research, Yeah Baby!
Reply #2 on: October 30, 2011, 05:17:01 PM
This is what I am doing with my V1s.  I had a slight hum splitting the preamp signal between the Stereomour and a pair of GR Research (Rythmic) Servo sub amps, when I started using the Stereomour's outputs to feed the amps I lost the hum.  The only negative, and it was very slight, is that I seemed to loose just a touch in the dynamics department, it was slight enough that it could have been in my head, but I tipped up the bass level just a tad and all was/is well.

Best,
Ed

GO CARDS!!!

Offline Thoburn

Reply #3 on: November 06, 2011, 06:59:03 AM
Thanks 2wo and ebag 4 for the info. Just waiting now until my audio piggy bank refills.

Dynavector DV-20X2L > VPI Scout II > Musical Surroundings NovaPhonomena
Mac Mini > USB DACiTx
Stereomour > Lowther Medallion DX4 and Rythmic Subs
Monster Power HTS3600