Paramount Experience

mchurch · 3027

Offline mchurch

on: November 21, 2011, 05:50:37 PM
I just finished building my Paramount 300Bs with soft start. I did all the proper checks and adjustments and sat down to listen tonight in a darkened room. I set the volume to what is a reasonable level and started a CD. It was like sitting in black hole there was absolutely no audible background noise and then the music just came wafting out of the darkness. It was like the musicians were sitting in the room with me. The tubes and everything else have not even had a chance to burn in yet so I can't wait till I get more hours on it. These amps are amazing I am hearing detail I never heard before. Tomorrow night the records go on for the real test.

The system is Seduction Phono, Extended Foreplay, Paramount 300B, Cambridge Azur 650C CD, Kenwood KD600 with Ortofon 2M Black and ASW Cantius Speakers (91db)

My intention is to add another pair of Paramounts and bi-amp the speakers at the same time I am doing the conversion to my Revox B77 to run at 15IPS and then I am going to get the Eros Tape Head AMP for it. I can't quite afford the larger tape rigs yet and I am running out of space for now.

Paul and Doc keep up the good work the products are fantastic and I can't wait for the 300B Pre-Amp.

Cheers;

Mike

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #1 on: November 22, 2011, 05:30:05 AM
Thanks for the kind words Mike!

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.