Other Gear > Speakers

The Whamodyne files - ancient Bottlehead history

<< < (3/3)

Llewellen:
@keim:  If you can remember where you put them and either post or forward them, that would be great and much appreciated.  Thanks.

Doc B.:
It's in the VALVE archive, May 1996. Wow, I hadn't looked at the Whamodyne files in years. Not the best sounding speakers I ever did, but they looked pretty cool, and as I reflect on that era, they were somewhat instrumental in introducing me to people in the recording industry

https://s3.amazonaws.com/VALVE_Archive/VALVE_1996.zip

If you like those, you should hear the speakers we are working on now. They contain about four generations of improvements in our knowledge base. We're demoing them today at the DIY meet at Bottleheadquarters.

Llewellen:
Thanks Doc.  It was s very long time ago that I heard the Whamodynes so I'm not quite sure what I remember of their sound  ::)  I do have the complete component kit (that didn't sell on ebay) so that's what prompted me to think about building them up.

I haven't seen a link to your new design but would be very interested.  Unfortunately, I won't be in WA state today so won't be able to hear them.  Where can I find them on your site?  Thanks and regards.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version