LED Indicator

Dr. Toobz · 3437

Offline Dr. Toobz

on: June 06, 2011, 05:11:54 PM
With the tube shields on, it's hard to tell when the Seduction is running. Would there be any issue with sticking a common orange or red LED in one of the holes meant for the Hammond box (not needed in my case) and then running the LED, in series with a 1000 ohm resistor, in parallel with the two 6.3V tube heaters? I'm assuming this would only add about 20mA of current to the winding, depending on the LED?

Offline Paul Joppa

• Global Moderator
Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 06:57:45 PM
Should be no problem.

Paul Joppa

Offline debk

Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 11:08:42 PM
I did it with a blue LED.  worked great

Debra

Debra K

Eros 2Phono amp
BeePre2, Psvane ACME 300b
Kaiju, Linlai Elite  300b
Monamour 2a3 amps various tubes
Sota Sapphire, Pete Riggle Woody Tonearm, Kiseki Purpleheart Cartridge
Rega P6 Ania Pro cartridge
Roon Nucleus
MHDT Labs Orchid DAC
Jager speakers

Offline Pfenning

• My knockoffs
    • This is the place
Reply #3 on: January 19, 2012, 12:36:22 PM
Can someone give me a little instruction how to wire this in? I get the resistor and LED part, but where is the best place to tie it in?

Thanks, Pfenning

Pfenning

Paramour 1's with c4s and iron upgrade, Foreplay II, Seduction with c4s, Crack (stock) and Foreplay III (waiting to be built), DIY turntable with Rega RB250 arm with Incognito wiring, Oppo DVD, Pi Stage 4's and DIY subs

Offline porcupunctis

• 0D3
Reply #4 on: January 19, 2012, 03:20:03 PM
Would there be any problem using a 120V indicator lamp?  That should be easy to wire and wouldn't require a resistor to drop the voltage off the mains.  I'm pretty sure I have a few out in the garage in one of my bins full of parts.

Randall Massey
Teacher of Mathematics
Lifetime audio-electronics junkie

Offline Grainger49

Reply #5 on: January 19, 2012, 11:59:03 PM
An incandescent light, not neon, adds no noise.  Can you find one at 120V?

Offline Pfenning

• My knockoffs
    • This is the place
Reply #6 on: January 27, 2012, 05:48:33 PM
Found a 120 vac lamp at the Rat Shack in a 2 pack for $4. Had to drill out one of the existing unused mounting holes to 1/4" and slipped it right in. It worked really good, I might add one to all my Bottlehead gear. It's easier for my kids to see if it's on or off. I also bought some 3/16" black plastic hole plugs for the other 3 holes. Sounds silly, but it gave it more of a finished look.

Pfenning

Paramour 1's with c4s and iron upgrade, Foreplay II, Seduction with c4s, Crack (stock) and Foreplay III (waiting to be built), DIY turntable with Rega RB250 arm with Incognito wiring, Oppo DVD, Pi Stage 4's and DIY subs