Other Gear > Speakers

Straight 8 - the original Bottlehead speaker kit

(1/7) > >>

Doc B.:
This was great bang for the buck speaker, but difficulties with the supply of various parts forced it onto retirement. Perhaps the coolest part was the cabinet kit that assembled like IKEA furniture. Unfortunately the original plans disappeared when we lost an old hard drive and somehow we never backed them up! If anyone has the original instructions and can send scans we will post them here.

http://www.bottlehead.com/straight%208/straight_8.htm

Geek:
Sure is a sharp looking unit.

Sorry to hear of your data loss.

Cheers!

Wrinkles:
Doc,
Could you post the last crossover designed for the straight 8s? I still love these speakers.
Michael

Doc B.:

--- Quote ---Could you post the last crossover designed for the straight 8s? I still love these speakers.
--- End quote ---

Actually I did, sort of - at least for the stock tweeter. Follow the link to the Straight 8 page, and it will direct you to a page with info on the last crossover.

We did a couple of other iterations, one with a horn tweeter and one with an Aurum Cantus ribbon tweeter. I think the info is probably in the old forum archive. It would be great if someone tracked it down. I would be happy to post the info here if you send me a link to the original post.

booangler:
Hi all,

I have been thinking about building the ART Array as a Winter Project. I was surprised to see how similar the Straight 8 and the ART seems to be. I am wondering if the Climax crossover might work in the ART?

Alan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version