Eros sexy photo

Guest · 6639

ALEXZ

on: April 27, 2012, 03:37:58 PM
Here is a distortion spectrum. Signal is 1kHz at 30(!)v RMS output, just before clipping. Pure 2nd harmonic, about -32dB. Pretty much the same goes all over audio frequencies.  At 3v RMS output distortions goes at about -54dB. Below that i can only measure distortions of my (not too good)  generator, 60/120 Hz etc.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 03:43:31 PM by Alexz »

Offline Grainger49

Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 02:57:57 AM
Alex,

Very cool picture!  30V RMS output is also very impressive. 

How did you get the signal?  Are you using a signal generator and an inverse RIAA? 

ALEXZ

Reply #2 on: April 28, 2012, 03:28:20 AM
Hi Grainger,
Here is the  setup : genarator direct to eros input . Eros output goes to distortion meter (basicaly voltmeter with Wien bridge filter). Scope is taking signal after the Wien bridge, fundamental is  filtered out, highpass filter removes 60hz buzz .  Whater leftovers are distortions. Unfortunatly i cant measure Eros's distortion with normal level of signa, my generator itself has about -56dB  distortions and, becouse it SS generator with amplifier, harmonic spectrum looks absolutly awful.  Re-phrasing John Updike : "solid state, is it a mistake or its done to us in purpose ?" 

Offline Grainger49

Reply #3 on: April 28, 2012, 05:56:45 AM
Nice setup of test equipment.  My signal generator is more a show piece, an old military tube type signal generator.  One big dial on the front and lots of switches.  It did work when I got it but I bought it bacause it looked so cool and was very cheap.

IIRC the first transistor was a Bell Labs mistake.

ALEXZ

Reply #4 on: April 28, 2012, 06:25:16 AM
You know, working in IT, using Internet etc. and complaining about SS maybe is not right. Lets change in to " solid state in audio signal path ... Is a mistake"
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 06:27:52 AM by Alexz »