Is there a 90 degree power plug available for Seduction?

Pfenning · 3056

Offline Pfenning

• My knockoffs
    • This is the place
I was thinking I would upgrade my seduction power cord, but the plug orientation is backwards to everything else. Is there a rotated one available through Bottlehead or somewhere? I really just need the plug.

Pfenning

Pfenning

Paramour 1's with c4s and iron upgrade, Foreplay II, Seduction with c4s, Crack (stock) and Foreplay III (waiting to be built), DIY turntable with Rega RB250 arm with Incognito wiring, Oppo DVD, Pi Stage 4's and DIY subs

Offline galyons

• Geary Lyons
Reply #1 on: June 16, 2012, 07:58:28 AM
Schurter makes a good right angle IEC female for reasonable $$$$:

http://www.revolutionpower.com/p/Schurter+4784+Right+Angle+IEC+Plug/278/

Cheers,
Geary

VPI TNT IV/JMW 3D 12+Benz LP-S>  Eros + Auralic Aries + ANK Dac 4.1 >Eros TH+ Otari MX5050 IIIB2 > BeePre >Paramount 300B 7N7 > EV Sentry IV-A

Thorens TD124/Ortofon RMG-212/SPU >Seduction > Smash^Up> Paramour 45 MQ >K12's

Offline Grainger49

Reply #2 on: June 16, 2012, 10:47:52 AM
I see two possibilities from MCM.  I have bought both.

http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/28-11510

http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/28-11500

The first is going to feed my Paramours, the IEC connector will be on the base.  The second is for my Seduction.

Offline Pfenning

• My knockoffs
    • This is the place
Reply #3 on: June 16, 2012, 12:39:28 PM
My Seduction has the socket orientation opposite those plugs. If I used one of those, the cord would point to the front of the unit. Did I install my socket incorrectly? I really thought it would be easy to find a plug with the opposite orientation, but I'm striking out.

Pfenning

Pfenning

Paramour 1's with c4s and iron upgrade, Foreplay II, Seduction with c4s, Crack (stock) and Foreplay III (waiting to be built), DIY turntable with Rega RB250 arm with Incognito wiring, Oppo DVD, Pi Stage 4's and DIY subs

Offline galyons

• Geary Lyons
Reply #4 on: June 16, 2012, 12:43:54 PM
My Seduction has the socket orientation opposite those plugs. If I used one of those, the cord would point to the front of the unit. Did I install my socket incorrectly? I really thought it would be easy to find a plug with the opposite orientation, but I'm striking out.

Pfenning

IEC is an industry standard.  Not likely to find a non-standard plug.  I think the solution is, unfortunately, obvious!

Cheers,
Geary

VPI TNT IV/JMW 3D 12+Benz LP-S>  Eros + Auralic Aries + ANK Dac 4.1 >Eros TH+ Otari MX5050 IIIB2 > BeePre >Paramount 300B 7N7 > EV Sentry IV-A

Thorens TD124/Ortofon RMG-212/SPU >Seduction > Smash^Up> Paramour 45 MQ >K12's

Offline TimH

Reply #5 on: June 16, 2012, 12:50:01 PM
Bottlehead will sell you what you need.  See the power cord page and scroll down to just before the "Impressions" section.

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #6 on: June 16, 2012, 12:53:09 PM
Yup, you just disconnect the wires, flip the new socket around, and rewire. That is how we build the current ones for customers. This kit is now about 11 years old. We weren't thinking about right angle IEC plugs when we wrote the manual. We do have plans to revise the kit manual some day, incorporating changes like this. But I don't know when.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline Grainger49

Reply #7 on: June 16, 2012, 02:42:32 PM
It might take replacing a couple of short wires.  But it will be worth the time for the new power cords.  All Bottlehead power cords used to be straight out like a computer power cord.  The orientation didn't matter in that case.

Offline Laudanum

Reply #8 on: June 17, 2012, 03:50:27 AM
I did the same thing, rotated it after the build.   I think I replaced one wire from the IEC (Line of IEC to the switch, I think) because it needed to be longer.  You will also end up shortening the ground buss wire.   Easy job, 5 or 10 minutes.   Just be careful desoldering and resoldering to the switch.  

Desmond G.