Quickie resistance OL on terminals 6-10

Bartguy · 1533

Offline Bartguy

on: June 14, 2012, 09:25:38 AM
The manual says they should be 0. I guess I'm getting infinity. They seem like they're wired correctly and I get continuity between all the battery points and their respective terminals. The voltages are close to expected as well.

Any ideas why terminals 6-10 are reading wrong?

Thanks.

Offline Bartguy

Reply #1 on: June 30, 2012, 02:43:09 PM
Just to clarify, I wired the D Cells in the corrected way that Paul Joppa's stickie post said to: the blacks from the D Cells go to A5 & B5. The Black wires from T2L and TL go to A1 & A7 and B1 & B7, respectively.

Could that affect the resistances for T6 through T10? I've checked all other connections and everything is attached to the right spot. Could a bad solder joint cause the resistance difference?

The Quickie's voltages are good and it does play fine. Should I just ignore the resistances on T6-T10?

Thanks.

Offline Grainger49

Reply #2 on: June 30, 2012, 04:10:03 PM
Ok, let's see... 8 and 10 are not connected to anything.  Therefore they have to read infinity, OL for your meter and mine, to the circuit common.  So those readings are wrong in the manual.

Looking at 6, 7 & 9 those are attached to the batteries.  The 9V string has the negative most lead connected to circuit common, but I don't think that lead is on these terminals.

I would conclude that those resistance readings in the manual are wrong.

Offline Bartguy

Reply #3 on: July 02, 2012, 06:31:17 AM
Thanks for the response. Funny that nobody else seems to have posted about this issue, but it seems to be working fine.

I'm going to stop worrying and listen to music. Thanks again.