It Can Happen To Anyone - Bad C4S Voltages - Ok Now And More

Grainger49 · 5794

Offline Grainger49

Reply #15 on: July 12, 2012, 01:50:56 PM
Still no sound.  Since I have to entwine the cables every swap I will get readings tomorrow morning.

Paul, thanks for seeing what I couldn't.  I just had been over it so many times I wasn't seeing it.

Offline Grainger49

Reply #16 on: July 13, 2012, 02:43:03 AM
I have made it a habit on this board to admit to all the stupid things I do.  Some years ago I added a mute circuit to the FP 2 so I could change tubes without unplugging or turning off the FP 2 and Paramours.

I have checked that the mute switch was in play every time I put it in the system except last night.  I had hit it swapping everything around and it is playing Alison Krauss beautifully in my workroom right now through the GainCloine and Minimus 7s.  Dang!  This sounds good.

Paul Joppa had given me the right advice and there was nothing wrong after last evening's work except the mute switch.  I caught that as I set the FP 2 on the work table this morning.  

Now I can listen to some new CDs that came this week.  Vinyl this evening!

Thanks Paul.  You got me there after making a stupid mistake.  I knew it was something like this but still couldn't find it.

Offline Paul Joppa

• Global Moderator
Reply #17 on: July 13, 2012, 09:30:40 AM
Yeah, once you don't see something you can't not fail to see it again.  :^)

Paul Joppa

Offline Grainger49

Reply #18 on: July 13, 2012, 09:57:46 AM
Very well said.  I'm going to use that.

Offline Grainger49

Reply #19 on: August 01, 2012, 08:32:24 AM
The boards were straightened out weeks ago.  But I didn't mention the result. 

I had to turn my subwoofer down by 2 clicks.  The bass is tighter and the imaging better.  I guess the result of lower power supply noise, lower distortion and greater linearity.

Who knew?  Well, I should have but I hate to mess with something that is working well.  But I should have.

danilo

Reply #20 on: September 08, 2012, 03:14:59 PM
Once there used to be a Very Nice Graphic /animation on the assembly of the C4 boards  BOTH types.
 Clear foolproof instruction.. I thought.
 Sadly 'lost' my copies with a failed Hard drive.
Any notion of where I could get a fresh reload of those? Just 'in case' :-)

Offline Grainger49

Reply #21 on: September 08, 2012, 03:24:29 PM
Was that from the same guy who did an animation soldering tutorial?  If so, his site disappeared.