Bottlehead Kits > Smack

Smack sold out for now

(1/3) > >>

Doc B.:
We have decided to stop production of Smack for a while. I honestly and fervently believe that it was the best sounding of the headphone amp kits we made, and one sits on my desk for my daily use with my HD-800s. But we seem to have made two kits too close together in terms of price, and with S.E.X. being more well established Smack just didn't seem to get enough traction to allow us to order parts in the quantities that allowed us to hold the price point.

That's not to say that we are killing the design altogether. I have a hunch that with some more exotic parts the design could really dominate in the high end headphone amp world. So there just might be a Big Smack in the future - stay tuned.

grufti:
Oh good, one temptation that I won't have to deal with ... until Smack2 shows up as a product, if it does.

I had been tempted, but distractions distracted me enough. More money in the bank. What is happening with Crack2?

keto:
I hope there's another run of the Smack. Its 5vrms @ 128-ohms output would make it the PERFECT preamp for my system, which includes about a 300-ohms per-side input load from the power amps. Big Smack? Woohoo, sounds great!

Armaegis:

--- Quote from: grufti on July 19, 2012, 10:27:16 AM ---Oh good, one temptation that I won't have to deal with ... until Smack2 shows up as a product, if it does.

--- End quote ---

I vote for calling it the "Smackdown"  ;D

grufti:
Smackdown is a much better name than Smack2. Let's root for the new queen of headphone land.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version