trauma in Quickie land.

earwaxxer · 2411

Offline earwaxxer

on: July 23, 2012, 04:06:33 PM
Ok, I was sans Quickie for awhile. We broke up. It was miserable. I was questioning everything that we had in common. I was going it alone. Using the Transporter as a preamp. Direct to my Emotiva. It was miserable. I put my love in a drawer. Pulled the tubes. Even yanked the NIMH heater batteries. Thinking of 'better' uses. Shit. What have I come to...

I mean, the Transporter sounds damn good as a pre. I even went back to read about how good it sounds. It was after all my first love. Why not? I moved the jumpers down to -30. Using the digital volume control in the -10db to 0db range. How could that be wrong? Thats what I thought anyway.

It was good for awhile. No nastiness. Palatable. Agreeable. Whats there not to like. Crank it up. Not bad. After all I remember reading a review that compared the Transporter as a pre vs. an EMM preamp and the Transporter came out on top. Shes a looker.

I dont know, it just wasnt 'there' for me. Hard to put my finger on it. Too sterile? Maybe. Too clean? Staging was good. Big stuff with the new JPS cables. Shit I hate changes. Why cant everything be the same? Good, but the same. Maybe there is a drug for that? Ok, thats a different problem.

Anyway we are back together. Better terms now. I wont feed her signal that is too much. Start slow. We are at -20db on the Transporter jumpers. Very nice and relaxed. She has some breathing room. So do I. She can amplify on a more relaxed schedule.

Ok for the record --- The Quickie definitively sounds better than the Transporter used as a pre. Just go easy on her.

Eric
Emotiva XPA-2, Magnepan MMG (mod), Quickie (mod), JRiver, Wyrd4sound uLink, Schiit Gungnir, JPS Digital power cord, MIT power cord, JPS Labs ultraconductor wire throughout, HSU sub. powered by Crown.

4krow

Reply #1 on: July 24, 2012, 09:02:06 AM
how dare you....HOW DARE! YOU

Offline earwaxxer

Reply #2 on: July 24, 2012, 02:22:15 PM
I know, I know... Sometimes I think I loose touch. Its good though. Brings 'perspective'. I'm ok now.

Eric
Emotiva XPA-2, Magnepan MMG (mod), Quickie (mod), JRiver, Wyrd4sound uLink, Schiit Gungnir, JPS Digital power cord, MIT power cord, JPS Labs ultraconductor wire throughout, HSU sub. powered by Crown.

Offline John Roman

Reply #3 on: July 26, 2012, 04:05:26 AM
Yeah you're OK but still on the edge ;D
John

Regards,
John
Extended Foreplay 3 / 300B Paramount's / BassZilla open baffle/ Music Streamer 2 / Lenovo Y560-Win7-JRMC & JPlay

Offline Grainger49

Reply #4 on: July 26, 2012, 05:36:14 AM
Meet On The Ledge!

Offline earwaxxer

Reply #5 on: July 26, 2012, 05:56:25 AM
LOL!!!!!

Eric

Offline Noskipallwd

Reply #6 on: July 26, 2012, 06:45:29 AM
...serenity now, serenity now, serenity now....

Cheers,
Shawn

Shawn Prigmore