Congrats on the new digs and don't sweat the curmudgeons

jtkarma · 4732

Offline jtkarma

I'm writing this as I listen to my SEX amp banging out some Alexander Borodin. Freaking amazing and at last we have some tube weather here in SoCal.

As I'm sure you know there are a lot of curmudgeons in the audio world and your new forum is like switching from vinyl to CDs for many of them. It's just a whole new world and one they might not appreciate yet.

I for one like what you've done. Great job and a tip of my jaunty British driving cap to you.

Now if you guys would be able to process my emails when I try to order stuff, that would be awesome!

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #1 on: October 16, 2009, 05:22:12 AM
It's been cold here too and I have found that with the 18 amplifier system in the living room I don't run the furnace much. Shawn took a tube count a while back. I think the count was 50 tubes in the system. But we have now added another four with the prototype DAC.

As to the new look, I fully expected some yays and some nays. That's how it always works. The people who have offered criticism are folks I respect and I really do consider the opinions that are expressed. There are a lot of things that don't get changed or evolve because people worry so much that someone else may not approve of the change. Most of the time I am not one of those people. I just keep changing it until it tastes and feels right.

Are we messing up on some emails from you?

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline Jim R.

• Blind Bottlehead
Reply #2 on: October 16, 2009, 11:54:51 AM
Doc,

Another big thumbs up for the new forum.  Works absolutely fantastic with my screen reader -- much like AC, where I'm a moderator (same BBS software, just configured a bit differently).

Thre were a couple of minor issues with registration, but I'll contact you offline about those.

Love the new sig too :-).

-- Jim

Jim Rebman -- recovering audiophile

Equitech balanced power; uRendu, USB processor -> Musette DAC -> 5670 tube buffer -> Finale Audio F138 FFX -> Cain and Cain Abbys near-field).

s.e.x. 2.1 under construction.  Want list: Stereomour II

All ICs homemade (speaker and power next)