My PT-7 is labelled differently than the manual - does it matter?

tcell · 3175

Offline tcell

I started building my Tode today and made it through to the testing of the power transformer on p22.  It says to put the black lead on terminal 6 (0v) and red on term 7 (150V).  Well, on the PT-7 label my term 6 is labelled as 150V, and term 7 is labelled 0v.  I did the voltage check and it is fine at 173V.  My question is, as I go forward, do I follow the directions as written, or do I need to interchange term 6 and term 7? Thanks all.

Bottlehead Gear: Foreplay 2&3, Extended S.E.X., Paramours I w/ iron upgrade, Straight 8's, Tode, Bottlehead DAC.  Guitar gear: Les Paul Standard 1981, Ernie Ball John Petrucci BFR, POD HD500x, Marshall JCM1, TC Electronic G-Force.

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
It's a non-important labeling convention, as the high voltage secondary is really providing AC, not DC. Just hook it up as shown in the photos and it will all be good.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline Dyna Saur

• Yippie-Ki-Yay....
I wired mine per the instrux, no problems found.   I ran the AC "pre-test", before proceeding with the PSU voltage doubler circuit's  wiring.
That yielded 178VAC across the HV secondary, and 6.62 VAC across the filament winding.

With no load, I get  about 470VDC across the 47 uF cap,  I expect that will be a lot lower with the normal B+ curent consumption.
That works out pretty close to 2.8 X 178 VAC.

/ed B

ed brown