Soft Start Board Goof

InfernoSTi · 11446

Offline InfernoSTi

• Positive emotions enhance our musical experiences.
Reply #30 on: July 28, 2012, 11:48:43 AM
Thanks for the help, Grainger.  I truly appreciate your help.

At this point, I don't think I'll be able to find the problem/solution.  I'm doing more harm than good taking things apart/putting them back together.  I'll be visiting off line with Doc about what to do next...

Best,
John

John Kessel
Hawthorne Audio AMT K2 Reference Speakers
Paramount 300B w/MQ All Nickel Iron,  Mundorf S/G 5.5 uF,  and  Vcap Teflon .1 uF
Auralic Taurus Preamp/Auralic Vega DAC/Auralic Aries Streamer
and lots of room treatments!

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #31 on: July 28, 2012, 01:26:02 PM
Send her in and we'll get her goin'.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline InfernoSTi

Reply #32 on: July 28, 2012, 03:01:32 PM
That's great, Doc!  I'm a bit embarrassed but after my third demo, parts are starting to wear out and I just want to get it going. 

John

John Kessel
Paramount 300B w/MQ All Nickel Iron,  Mundorf S/G 5.5 uF,  and  Vcap Teflon .1 uF

Offline InfernoSTi

Reply #33 on: August 19, 2012, 08:43:24 AM
The fine folks at BH Headquarters got my problem mono block up and running in no time flat!  

Thanks so much and I'm really excited to get them in the system and burned in...they sounded great right off the bat, just more clarity in the midrange and the upper end sounds so natural and real...the changes were noticeable right away.

Thanks again to the Bottlehead Team!

Best,
John

John Kessel

4krow

Reply #34 on: August 19, 2012, 01:21:24 PM
"They shoot Quickies, don't they?" Movie reference...I am near the end of the quickie wiring, so I won't be afraid if something goes amiss. There competent amoung us, for a price. I'll keep ya posted...hmmm, rimes with toasted.

Offline ebag4

• Bottlehead and GR Research, Yeah Baby!
Reply #35 on: August 19, 2012, 03:58:54 PM
The fine folks at BH Headquarters got my problem mono block up and running in no time flat! 

Thanks so much and I'm really excited to get them in the system and burned in...they sounded great right off the bat, just more clarity in the midrange and the upper end sounds so natural and real...the changes were noticeable right away.

Thanks again to the Bottlehead Team!

Best,
John
Happy to hear it John, that is one KICK A$$ system you have put together.  Look out, the next time I am in your area I am looking you up, have to hear this beast of a system!

Best,
Ed

GO CARDS!!!

Offline Jim R.

• Blind Bottlehead
Reply #36 on: August 21, 2012, 09:31:12 AM
Wow, John and Ed making a rare appearance!

Hope you guys are doing well -- we just moved (or more accurately, are in the process of unpacking) so things are a bit crazy here.

-- Jim

Jim Rebman -- recovering audiophile

Equitech balanced power; uRendu, USB processor -> Musette DAC -> 5670 tube buffer -> Finale Audio F138 FFX -> Cain and Cain Abbys near-field).

s.e.x. 2.1 under construction.  Want list: Stereomour II

All ICs homemade (speaker and power next)

Offline InfernoSTi

Reply #37 on: August 21, 2012, 05:55:26 PM
Greg, sounds like you are having WAY too much fun with that Quickie build! 

Ed, thank you so much for the kind words.  The BH Paramounts/HA Reference combo has me in music heaven!  You are always welcome to come by next time you are in the Austin/San Antonio area!

Jim, congratulations on the move...how exciting is that?  Sure it is a ton of work but the new place will be so nice for you and the Mrs...

Best,
John

John Kessel

4krow

Reply #38 on: August 22, 2012, 09:57:17 AM
The quickie build is getting a little weird. Just cuz I made some changes that I can't verify until the switch is thrown. Then there is the box. Yup, couldn't help myself, and now I'm up to my ass in compound angles. Pray for me.