Bottlehead Kits > Crack

Tyll Hertsens ROCKS!

(1/5) > >>

QueenBottlehead:
This is an awesome video about soldering up a Crack kit -

Noskipallwd:
Wow, Tyll did a whole video on building the Crack, that's awesome. InnerFidelity is a great site.

Cheers,
Shawn

Grainger49:
That should be a Must See video for all new builders.

Thanks for linking it.

Did he break in the tubes first?

Tyll Hertsens:

--- Quote from: Grainger49 on September 18, 2012, 10:51:22 PM ---That should be a Must See video for all new builders.

Thanks for linking it.

Did he break in the tubes first?

--- End quote ---

I ran it in for about 30 hours before listening. Hope that was enough.

Here's a link to the InnerFidelity article: http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/marvelously-addictive-bottlehead-crack

Big thanks to all here for supporting this product and the DIY activity as a whole. Great stuff!

Grainger49:
Tyll,

I think it is great that you took all that time to both build the kit and do the comparison.  Not to mention that the video will be a great help our newbies (to kits).  I started on kits in 1965.  What a piece of crap that was!

Breaking it in for 30 hours will get you a goodly percentage of break in.  Paul Joppa and Dan suggest that most will happen by 100 hours.  Of course the tubes used also have a lot to do with the sound character as well.  Since the driver tubes were not the same you couldn't have just swapped the tubes to keep that on a level keel.

Sorry, I'm an engineer so I wonder about one to one comparisons.  It is a sickness but I haven't found a treatment.

Again, I am happy to have this link on the site for guys who don't know how to solder.  That, and your advice, will be a boon to Bottlehead.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version