Transformator/choke tab numbering

Demsy · 2372

Offline Demsy

on: September 27, 2012, 03:35:33 AM
Hi,
I just started with assembling the Paramount kit. I am confused with the numbering of the tabs of the OT-1, FC-1 nad the PC-2. As can be seen on the attached pictures, that's the numbers that I gather following the pictures in the manual. I tried finding how actually the tabs are numbered, but cannot find it anywhere. I find it odd because the sequences of the numbering are different between the OT-1 and the other two, is it because one is an OT? Can somebody help me out with this, please?

I see further in the assembling steps, when connecting the cables for the DC filament supply wires, the instruction is only given by using the tab numbers of the FC-1. So there is a chance for me to make a mistake in this step as I am unsure about the tab numberings.

The other thing is, please have a look at the OT-2 picture, it is wired for 4ohm. The TTP's are soldered to the tabs 2 & 7; 5 & 10. The red and black cables are soldered following the picture, no 2-black and no 5-red, both are soldered to the top row tabs. But looking at the picture on page 63 of the manual, on tab no 2, it is the red cable that is soldered to it. Or shouldn't we look and compare it to the picture on page 63?

Thank you!

« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 12:45:43 PM by Demsy »

Offline STURMJ

Reply #1 on: September 27, 2012, 06:26:55 AM
The #s are molded in the white plastic where each tab enters the transformer.  I think I can see the #s on the top output trans.  and that looks correct. Check the others to be sure they are correct.  I hope this is all that you have missed and that I understand your question correctly. FWIW we all have missed things that made us feel silly after we figure it out or someone helps us.

Offline Demsy

Reply #2 on: September 27, 2012, 12:52:02 PM
Thanks Sturmj, now that you mentioned it! What really confused me was the totally different numbering system on the OT-1

Offline Paul Joppa

• Global Moderator
Reply #3 on: September 27, 2012, 06:14:48 PM
The bobbin is not always mounted the same way in the channel frame.

Paul Joppa

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #4 on: September 28, 2012, 04:31:22 AM
I think that the bobbin orientation is pretty consistent in these particular transformers and chokes. There has been an issue with Seduction PT-1 power transformers in the past, and there may be an odd transformer here and there that is reversed out of the thousands that we go through. But the current batch should be just like the manual photos. Regardless of the orientation of the bobbin with respect to the channel frame, the molded numbers on the bobbin will be correct.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline Demsy

Reply #5 on: September 28, 2012, 01:27:47 PM
Thanks Paul & Doc!