ideas for Quickie base

denti alligator · 6539

Offline proud indian

Reply #15 on: November 03, 2012, 09:25:31 PM
I went to a picture frame guy. Normally the corners of the frame are cut at 45 digrees, to make a square or rectangle. I got the man  to make the frame downwards. Now the width of the frame, which normally runs outside the picture, became the hight of the base. Will post the pics later, but it looks great and is cheap. I am now thinking of making a similar one for the SEX, so that both looks like a set.

shreekant :)

system 1. oppo, quickie,SEX 2.1 ( V cap), Decware DFR8 in ZOB cabs
System 2. Tascam cd200, Terra Dac,Zbox,Decware Zen amp(V cap) Lowther PM6A in Acousta horns.
Maple rack, Brass footers,Power conditioner, dedicated treated room, iso pads, plenty of tubes. All cables DIY.

Offline Wanderer

Reply #16 on: November 04, 2012, 02:30:20 AM
....... Normally the corners of the frame are cut at 45 digrees, to make a square or rectangle. I got the man  to make the frame downwards. Now the width of the frame, which normally runs outside the picture, became the hight of the base. Will post the pics later, but it looks great and is cheap.

Showed this to the Goodwife, who used to work as an Art framer, and she thinks she gets it.

I look forward to seeing a pic 'cause I am easy confused.   

Kevin R-M

Offline proud indian

Reply #17 on: November 04, 2012, 05:45:31 AM
The frame will have a width and a thickness. Normally a picture frame will be cut along the width....... so the frame will be 2 inch as aborder along the picture, and the thichness will be, maybe half an inch. Now use the half inch corners as the 45 digrees cut and you have the same frame sitting on the edge and giving you a hight , which would be the width of the frame..

sounds confusing to me as well  ???

System 2. Tascam cd200, Terra Dac,Zbox,Decware Zen amp(V cap) Lowther PM6A in Acousta horns.
Maple rack, Brass footers,Power conditioner, dedicated treated room, iso pads, plenty of tubes. All cables DIY.

Offline proud indian

Reply #18 on: November 04, 2012, 06:24:28 AM
Ok. Take a picture frame and make it stand on its thickness. So if you have a 2 inch frame, it will stand two inch tall.

Hope this simplifies it.