Original sex mono opt is this original

najo49 · 1799

Offline najo49

on: December 28, 2012, 07:38:13 AM
I the opt I found in my sex monos when I bought the the original? it is small marked made in Tiawan. It is the same as Pj identified as the original parmore opts are they one and the same?

Jann Olsen, [email protected].  Lowther medallion 2 with pm2a./ extended foreplay lll,/EROS phono /Grado ref/ SOTA star Vacuum SME V, /  45 amp direct coupled,c4s,mQ nickel  / paramour  2a3 w MQ iron /Original SEX monos /Jena Cables /heathkit wm6a/ proAc Tablette 50 sig , with push pull

Offline Paul Joppa

• Global Moderator
Reply #1 on: December 28, 2012, 11:36:49 AM
Yes, they are the same. The 0.625 watt tap translates to 8K ohms, as used in the stereo SEX amp; the 1.25 watt tap is 4K as used in the Paramours.

I tested a lot of these line transformers over the years, and there were only a very few with decent performance. The original Taiwan is one, and around that time (10 years ago?) Radio Shack had another but it cost 3 times as much. When the original was replaced with a POC, another round of testing led us to the Speco. It too was replaced with a POC (*), at which point we substituted our own design, custom made for us so these things wouldn't keep happening - we never knew of the replacements until the shipment arrived, which played heck with the shipping schedule.

* the new, smaller Speco actually has decent performance at least on paper, when used at very low power - I'm hoping we'll give it a try with a Quickie as a headphone output.

Paul Joppa