1MOhm 1/8W Resistor

willspeed · 3803

Offline willspeed

• Tropically Twisted
on: January 26, 2013, 07:19:49 AM
Hey guys, I finally started the construction of my Tode, and I seem to be missing the 1 MegOhm 1/8W resistor. I should be able to pick up a replacement, there shouldn't be any issues, right?

Thanks,

Will

Will G.

S.E.X. w/C4S driving SEXy speakers
Seduction w/C4S
Quickie 1.1/ PJCCS
Rega Planar 2 / R200 Tonearm / Ortofon 2M Red / RB250 Tonearm / Ortofon 2M Blue
Tode / Taylor 110 / Taylor 214ce / 94 Tele Tex-Mex Special / Home-hacked Squire Strat / 86 Guild F46NT / Which one next?

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #1 on: January 26, 2013, 08:00:02 AM
Hi Will, we apparently missed those on the last run of Tode kits. We can certainly pop one in the mail for you, and it may be a common enough value to get locally. Metal film and carbon film are both fine and 1/8

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline Grainger49

Reply #2 on: January 26, 2013, 08:03:14 AM
You might be able to pick up an assortment of resistors at Radio Shack.  They mostly stock metal film, they are nice and well within spec.

If you buy the assortment you have extra for all kinds of experimentation.

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #3 on: January 26, 2013, 08:05:04 AM
Hi Will, we apparently missed those on the last run of Tode kits. We can certainly pop one in the mail for you, and it may be a common enough value to get locally. Metal film and carbon film are both fine and 1/8

arrgh, learning new keypad. Meant to say 1/8 or 1/4W is fine

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline willspeed

• Tropically Twisted
Reply #4 on: January 26, 2013, 04:08:32 PM
Thanks guys! I went by my trusty electronics shop and found it closed, but Radio Shack came thru with a big bag o' resistors that had what I needed. Carbon film, 5%.  ;D

Best moment was the cute girl who came by and said "Nah, we don't have them loose, but I'm sure I can find them." She definitely came through (a rarity here, since most people working retail can't tell their xxx from their elbow). 8)

Now I have a good stash of resistors for my next projects - I have a buddy who wants a custom axe, and there are a couple of M-brand amps that are in dire need of refurbishment. Now I have people who want to pay me for my hobby!

Cheers, 

Will

Will G.

Seduction w/C4S
Quickie 1.1/ PJCCS
Tode / Taylor 110 / Taylor 214ce / 94 Tele Tex-Mex Special / Home-hacked Squire Strat / 86 Guild F46NT / Which one next?

Offline willspeed

• Tropically Twisted
Reply #5 on: January 26, 2013, 04:11:47 PM
By the way, I gotta say you guys rock, Doc. The first kit that went out to me went AWOL thanks to USPS, but you guys got a second one out as soon as the next run of parts came in.

Thanks,

Will

Will G.

Seduction w/C4S
Quickie 1.1/ PJCCS

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #6 on: January 27, 2013, 05:27:38 AM
By the way, I gotta say you guys rock, Doc. The first kit that went out to me went AWOL thanks to USPS, but you guys got a second one out as soon as the next run of parts came in.

Thanks,

Will

It's good to know that somebody at the Post Office enjoys playing guitar...

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man