Bottlehead Kits > BeePre

Minor Manual Typo for orders shipped before 2/12/13.

(1/3) > >>

Paul Birkeland:
For those who have received their kits or who have received a shipping notice on their kits, on page 55, the C4S board should be oriented with the B side facing forward.

If you managed to wire the board with the A side facing forward and longer lengths of wire, there is no harm in leaving your preamp as-is.

-PB

rubli:
page 19 of the assembly manual shows the numbering of the pins of the 300b tubes  counterclockwise, which should be clockwise...
i wonder if this affects other instructions

Paul Birkeland:

--- Quote from: rubli on December 13, 2013, 07:05:05 AM ---page 19 of the assembly manual shows the numbering of the pins of the 300b tubes  counterclockwise, which should be clockwise...
i wonder if this affects other instructions

--- End quote ---

Hmm, yeah, it looks like we numbered them differently than the conventional numbering (easy to do with 4 pins).

If the terminal identification on page 19 is used, there will not be an issue.

aroide:
I did notice my resistance and voltage checks on pins 2and 3  on the 300bs were swapped in the manual.  Schematic shows correct pins for grid and plate. Scared me a bit when I found 100+ V on the pin tied to the pots  :o.  I was using the terminal id page as reference.

Chris65:
Just been studying the manual pre-build, noticed another slight error: the photos on the bottom of pg33 & the top of pg34 for the heater wiring, have been transposed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version