"LIONS N TIGERS N BEARS OH MY"

Guest · 2509

4krow

on: March 02, 2013, 11:21:36 AM
When we enter into a new project, our guard should be up. First time stuff, no matter how simple, will kick you where it hurts...usually. So I am building a simple bass reflex box for a friend, and glue up has begun(in my house, when the kids would hear "I'm glueing up!" that meant GO AWAY). SO , it helps to use this forum to lick my wounds sometimes. Of course, everything was fine, and I even put all the panels in the right order. Without going into detail, one of the cabinets fell off the workbench. It is about a 3' drop. I know I could look on the bright side. Only one joint failed, at least as far as I can tell.   I am telling you guys this because I normally have a belief of: "If it CAN fall it WILL fall" Today was no exception. Sure, I get over it, and yes it could have fallen off the back of the truck during delivery, but it still stings. Thanks for listening.

Offline 2wo

• Test
Reply #1 on: March 02, 2013, 06:41:11 PM
Ouch...John

John Scanlon

Offline Jim R.

• Blind Bottlehead
Reply #2 on: March 03, 2013, 04:57:47 AM
D'oh!  I hate it when that happens!  I feel your pain.

Jim Rebman -- recovering audiophile

Equitech balanced power; uRendu, USB processor -> Musette DAC -> 5670 tube buffer -> Finale Audio F138 FFX -> Cain and Cain Abbys near-field).

s.e.x. 2.1 under construction.  Want list: Stereomour II

All ICs homemade (speaker and power next)

4krow

Reply #3 on: March 03, 2013, 07:20:03 AM
Thanks....i needed that. Of course, I have repaired the damage, and the beat goes on.

4krow

Reply #4 on: March 05, 2013, 07:38:23 AM
Ok, I'll wrap this up with a photo of the partially finished speaker. The customer will do the rest his way. Not that these are my crowning achievement, but for something that gave me such grief(including a broken circle jig!), I bow, and give admission.