Quickie or Foreplay

fitz · 1508

Offline fitz

on: March 25, 2013, 09:52:23 AM
Ok I am sorry if this has been discussed this before, but I couldn't find it. I have an original Foreplay with the C4S mod. Would I gain anything by building a Quickie to replace the original Foreplay ?

Offline coca

Reply #1 on: March 25, 2013, 11:53:13 AM
Fitz, never mind replacing the Foreplay, just buy the Quickie anyway. It's only a hundred bucks, which gets you many hours of enjoyment to boot. "Go for it man."

Bernie.

Offline galyons

• Geary Lyons
Reply #2 on: March 25, 2013, 11:54:47 AM
I have a Foreplay II/C4S and a Quickie/PJCCS. Both are similarly modded with PIO caps.  They both have their virtues.  But I tend to listen more to the 4Play for better dynamics and drive for my Paramours.  To me, much depends on the downstream components.  If your amp's input sensitivity is pretty high, you may not need the extra gain and drive from the 4Play.  But, quite honestly, $100 for as much fun as the Quicky provides is well worth it!!

Cheers,
Geary

VPI TNT IV/JMW 3D 12+Benz LP-S>  Eros + Auralic Aries + ANK Dac 4.1 >Eros TH+ Otari MX5050 IIIB2 > BeePre >Paramount 300B 7N7 > EV Sentry IV-A

Thorens TD124/Ortofon RMG-212/SPU >Seduction > Smash^Up> Paramour 45 MQ >K12's

Offline corndog71

Reply #3 on: March 25, 2013, 03:26:24 PM
After having built 4 versions of the Foreplay and 2 versions of the Quickie I can safely recommend the Quickie.  Being battery powered makes it dead quiet.  And for the money it's a ridiculous bargain.

The world was made for those not cursed with self-awareness.

Rob