Test music

RPMac · 8599

4krow

Reply #15 on: July 26, 2013, 05:11:37 PM
 It doesn't apply anymore, but in high school, I figured that Edgar Winters  'Frankenstien'  was the go to song. Hit all the notes top to bottom.

Offline earwaxxer

Reply #16 on: July 26, 2013, 06:24:06 PM
Its fun reading about others memories of classic works, like Egdar Winters, Genesis, Yes, ELO, ELP, Pink Floyd etc. etc. Quite an era of rock and roll! Its one of those things that keeps me going. I lost a dear childhood friend in the 80's to an avalanche skiing accident. As adolescents we would enjoy music together. Every time I listen to a band that we both enjoyed so much I think of him. Thats how we live on in our music. Its who we are. Its, hopefully, how we will be remembered...

Eric
Emotiva XPA-2, Magnepan MMG (mod), Quickie (mod), JRiver, Wyrd4sound uLink, Schiit Gungnir, JPS Digital power cord, MIT power cord, JPS Labs ultraconductor wire throughout, HSU sub. powered by Crown.

Offline azrockitman

Reply #17 on: July 26, 2013, 07:42:00 PM
Songs evoke so many emotions.  And memories. 

Esoteric DV-50, Technics SL1200-M3D, B&K Phono 10 Preamp, Sumiko Blue Point Special Evo III, Bottlehead Stereomour, Orca's

Offline Maxwell_E

Reply #18 on: July 26, 2013, 08:57:58 PM
Some personal favorites of mine, some cuts and some albums.

Meyer, Fleck, Marshall -- Uncommon Ritual
Little Feat -- Strawberry Flats and Fool Yourself
The National -- Trouble Will Find Me
Ry Cooder -- Bop Til You Drop
Strength in Numbers -- No Apologies (or pretty much the whole album)
Derek and the Dominos -- Anyday and Keep on Growing

Max Tomlinson
SEX amp, Tode guitar amp

4krow

Reply #19 on: July 27, 2013, 08:42:31 AM
 Although I think that female voices are what I want to get right more than some other parameters, I will sometimes play an album that normally sounds poor to me. If for some reason it sounds better, it might beg the question 'why'

Patricia Barber has more than one reference recording for me, while SuperTramps' 'Breakfast in America' was a terrible transfer from vinyl to CD.

Offline RPMac

Reply #20 on: July 27, 2013, 12:11:35 PM
John, "Live at Filmore East" is one of my all time favorites. I had the album and the EIGHT TRACK TAPE!!!

Greg, the albino twins live in my home town at one time...Leland, MS.

Thanks to everyone for the music suggestions and opinions. I don't know what it takes to get pinned, but lots of good, helpful info here.

4krow

Reply #21 on: July 27, 2013, 01:44:54 PM
 It's funny, my mind. I read "The albino twins live in my town, one at a time." I get a lot of laughs from my defective brain.  Johnny made some music that I wasn't even aware of for years. Same thing happened one night when I was listening to FM, and an album played by Steve Miller. I think it was called 'Italian dances' Wish I could hear that again. Soooo different

Offline earwaxxer

Reply #22 on: July 27, 2013, 02:49:54 PM
Its funny talking about the Winters. I remember listening to Edgar Winter, Frankenstein et al, with a friend "Hal Puffer". I'm sure he wouldnt mind me using his name, it was such a cool name, and a cool guy as well. Thats what we used to do as kids, smoke some dope and listen to music. I will forever associate Edgar Winter with him! Love to see him again, although, I'm sure he HAS to be dead. Sadly, most of my friends are...

Eric
Emotiva XPA-2, Magnepan MMG (mod), Quickie (mod), JRiver, Wyrd4sound uLink, Schiit Gungnir, JPS Digital power cord, MIT power cord, JPS Labs ultraconductor wire throughout, HSU sub. powered by Crown.

Offline dbishopbliss

Reply #23 on: July 29, 2013, 06:39:07 AM
I remember listening to Edgar Winter, Frankenstein et al, with a friend "Hal Puffer". <snip> Love to see him again<snip>

There's a guy named Hal Puffer on Facebook. 

https://www.facebook.com/hal.puffer?fref=browse_search

David B Bliss
Bottlehead: Foreplay I, Foreplay III, Paramour I w/Iron Upgrade, S.E.X. w/Iron Upgrade
Speakers: FE127E Metronomes, Jim Griffin Jordan/Aurum Cantus Monitors, ART Arrays
Other: Lightspeed Attenuator, "My Ref" Rev C Amps, Lampucera DAC

Offline earwaxxer

Reply #24 on: July 29, 2013, 02:56:41 PM
Hey David - Thats him! For sure. I recognize some of his friends, people that I know. Wow, what a trip! I guess I have to get on facebook and join the human race!

Eric

Offline 2wo

• Test
Reply #25 on: July 29, 2013, 05:50:04 PM
I guess I have to get on facebook and join the human race!

No! don't do it. There are only like 3 of us left ...John
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 05:51:41 PM by 2wo »

John Scanlon

4krow

Reply #26 on: July 30, 2013, 03:56:06 AM
yah, and I'm one of them.

Offline porcupunctis

• 0D3
Reply #27 on: July 31, 2013, 03:39:26 PM
I must be the third one.

Randall Massey
Teacher of Mathematics