Progress Report

Paul Birkeland · 9516

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #15 on: July 20, 2013, 08:00:16 PM
At darn near 11:00 PM tonight, a draft copy of the manual appeared on our cloud file system.

We will be packing like crazy next week, I'll keep my fingers crossed that the graphic overlays, power transformers, and attenuator switches all roll in as expected.

-PB

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline Gary PC

Reply #16 on: July 26, 2013, 05:13:24 PM
It's next week. I'll be frank a month late seems like a long time to me.  Hey I am just a consumer and this is my first product from Bottlehead, dang I hope is it good!

- Gary
JRiver Media Center with headphone crossfeed
CAL Alpha DAC & Delta CD, Headroom Max (needs repair) Grado RS1 Plinius SA-100 Epos ELS3 Magnepan Mini Maggies (ordered)
iPad FiiO E17 DACamp Beyerdynamic DT-1350
Bottlehead Mainline (ordered) AKG-K702, Sennheiser HD600 or 800 or? undecided

Offline bobster

Reply #17 on: July 26, 2013, 05:18:14 PM
No reason to worry Gary.  It's all good and the support on this forum can't be beat.

Bob Musson
Seduction (extended), Foreplay, Paramours, Klipsch Heresys, Orcas, Crack plus HD 600s
Lovin the Bottlehead sound in Maryland

Offline fullheadofnothing

• Global Moderator
  • A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man
Reply #18 on: July 26, 2013, 05:32:01 PM
The manual is more or less finished. I caught a few typos today that I'll correct when I have 5 free minutes. Of the three things PB mentioned, one has arrived. PB forgot that we didn't have tubes. Those arrived today. There are over 100 different items in this kit; if one is out of stock, we can't ship. Kitting has started and these will start shipping as soon as we have every piece we need.

Joshua Harris

I Write the Manuals That Make The Whole World Sing
Kit Packer Emeritus

Offline Grainger49

Reply #19 on: July 27, 2013, 03:16:58 AM
It's next week. I'll be frank a month late seems like a long time to me.  Hey I am just a consumer and this is my first product from Bottlehead, dang I hope is it good!

Gary, that is because you haven't been waiting for the Bottlehead DAC.  I'm just saying that we who have been here a long time know that the development of a Bottlehead product takes longer than ever estimated.  There are things which intervene in the process.

"Have faith my friend," (From Desert Pete, Kingston Trio) there will be a product and it will be worth the wait.

Offline dubiousmike

Reply #20 on: August 08, 2013, 10:17:40 AM
I was just curious as to whether the bottlehead crew might be able to provide us with a further update?  Have any of the outstanding parts come in since July 20?  Thanks!

Mike M.

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #21 on: August 08, 2013, 11:41:47 AM
Yes, the last of the parts we were waiting for shipped today, and should arrive tomorrow.

We had to find a new source for our laser cut/engraved acrylic plates that accompany the Mainline, BeeQuiet, and Submisive, as the vendor we were using appears to have retired.

-PB

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #22 on: August 09, 2013, 11:56:29 AM
The acrylic panels arrived this afternoon. So packing will begin on Monday. If you want that last Mainline we are offering at the pre-release price, the clock is running out...

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline dubiousmike

Reply #23 on: August 10, 2013, 08:47:52 AM
Thrilled to hear it!  Thanks Doc and PB!

Mike M.

Offline shipsupt

Reply #24 on: August 10, 2013, 12:42:28 PM
The acrylic panels arrived this afternoon. So packing will begin on Monday. If you want that last Mainline we are offering at the pre-release price, the clock is running out...

Heck, I couldn't resist... Not sure if I got the last one or not, but order placed!

Chris

Chris

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #25 on: August 10, 2013, 01:41:47 PM
Thanks Chris! You did get that last one.  I'm gonna keep the pre-release price offer through tomorrow. It will take a bit more time to get the kits ordered after today as we are waiting for more panels to arrive for any future orders.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline dcham

Reply #26 on: August 11, 2013, 01:28:53 PM
Hi Doc, should be shipping out the kits this week right? Can't wait that's for sure. My first Bottlehead kit! Please remind whoever is packing my kit to include the 220 / 240v transformer.  Shipment is going to Redwood Shores, CA.

Next up for me is a BeePre. But that,s a post for another forum.

Super excited, Dennis

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #27 on: August 11, 2013, 01:44:36 PM
Yes we will work on kitting the parts and I have quite a stack of panels to brush. The whole crew should be in Tuesday and that will probably be the packing and shipping throw down.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline 2wo

• Test
Reply #28 on: August 11, 2013, 05:45:01 PM
So you have shifted from, Chief bottle washer to panel blusher...John 

John Scanlon

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #29 on: August 11, 2013, 05:50:32 PM
Doc B. is really the only one with the touch to properly brush the panels, especially the large ones!

Paul "PB" Birkeland