CRACKPIPE LIVES!!

John EH · 1270

Offline John EH

on: July 08, 2013, 08:11:36 PM
Well I wired it all up minus the 4 resistors you need to remove to do the Speedball upgrade and then I looked at the speedball upgrade and I thought to myself "John in about 2 minutes you could be listening to music if you just jam these 4 resistors in".

So I did.  Resistance checks spot on.  Voltages spot on albeit I'm in Japan and have 100v mains so everything was a tad bit low but I could tell it was money.

I'm listening now to Diana Krall "The Girl In The Other Room" and Wow.  Just wow.

I know the speedball upgrade will be an improvement but I think I'll leave things be until the weekend.  That'll give me time to build the boards real carefully.

Awesome kit! Another winner from Bottlehead.  And matched with the Sennheiser HD650's....Wow.  Just wow.

CRACKPIPE LIVES!

John

Offline John EH

Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 08:20:39 PM
And here's the guts of CrackPipe!  Clean machine.

Offline Grainger49

Reply #2 on: July 09, 2013, 12:10:58 AM
John,

Beautiful work, I'm not surprised!  That is a great theme.  Reminds me of T-Shirts from a 60s head shop.

Offline John EH

Reply #3 on: July 09, 2013, 12:16:12 AM
John,

Beautiful work, I'm not surprised!  That is a great theme.  Reminds me of T-Shirts from a 60s head shop.

What were you doing there Grainger?

Offline earwaxxer

Reply #4 on: July 09, 2013, 03:50:50 AM
Very nice! - I love it!

Eric
Emotiva XPA-2, Magnepan MMG (mod), Quickie (mod), JRiver, Wyrd4sound uLink, Schiit Gungnir, JPS Digital power cord, MIT power cord, JPS Labs ultraconductor wire throughout, HSU sub. powered by Crown.

Offline STURMJ

Reply #5 on: July 09, 2013, 09:15:46 AM
looks great! Great album to try it out with too.