Guest · 1434

audiophileboss

on: July 12, 2013, 03:45:01 PM
Stupid Question, what tube rolling?

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #1 on: July 12, 2013, 04:14:24 PM
Hmm, I dunno if you can call yourself the audiophile boss if you don't know.  ;)

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline earwaxxer

Reply #2 on: July 12, 2013, 04:27:58 PM
Its kind of like rolling a joint... Except with tubes. You smash up some tubes. Load some up in some zig zags. Pinch it off at the ends. Light it up. Enjoy!

Eric
Emotiva XPA-2, Magnepan MMG (mod), Quickie (mod), JRiver, Wyrd4sound uLink, Schiit Gungnir, JPS Digital power cord, MIT power cord, JPS Labs ultraconductor wire throughout, HSU sub. powered by Crown.

Offline STURMJ

Reply #3 on: July 12, 2013, 05:16:12 PM
Jokes aside, it is simply just trying differnt tubes.  Rolling some new tubes into your gear.

Offline earwaxxer

Reply #4 on: July 12, 2013, 05:25:31 PM
Ahh com-on! I was kind of gettin into idea of smokin some cathodes! Got to be some good volatiles in there.

Eric
Emotiva XPA-2, Magnepan MMG (mod), Quickie (mod), JRiver, Wyrd4sound uLink, Schiit Gungnir, JPS Digital power cord, MIT power cord, JPS Labs ultraconductor wire throughout, HSU sub. powered by Crown.

4krow

Reply #5 on: July 12, 2013, 06:01:02 PM
  Earic(my pet name for him) rolls his tubes in rubber n' stuff. Imagine the smell.

Offline earwaxxer

Reply #6 on: July 12, 2013, 06:11:50 PM
  Earic(my pet name for him) rolls his tubes in rubber n' stuff. Imagine the smell.

Hey Greg - you're just jealous! I have the quietest Quickie in Bottlehead history and you know it!

Eric

audiophileboss

Reply #7 on: July 13, 2013, 12:44:07 AM
Thanks guys....and DOC, thanks as well. I sort of knew, I was just confused.

4krow

Reply #8 on: July 13, 2013, 01:13:45 PM

Hey Greg - you're just jealous! I have the quietest Quickie in Bottlehead history and you know it!
[/quote]

That's cuz you never put batteries in it dummy