Other Gear > Headphones

Which to get? Sennheiser HD650 vs others

<< < (2/2)

dmannnnn:
I had both the older version of the DT880 (250ohm) and the HD600 at the same time and compared them alot.  The DT's I had seemed to have a response that was tipped up at both ends with a recessed mid range.  Fun to listen to, but not extremely accurate and a little bass heavy.  The Senns are really more even handed and seem to give a full picture of the music from top to bottom.  I wouldn't call them bass heavy comapred to the Beyers, but it was like switching from cones to planars, the bass was less pronounced but much more detailed.  The Senns also feel a bit heavier on the head after awhile, but I like their larger ear cups.  They also have a much more open design which allows outside noise in, but i think also makes them sound more natural.

Dr. Toobz:
I finally ended up snagging a pair of like-new 650's on eBay for rather cheap. So far, I like them, though I can tell that they have not been broken in yet. Lows and mids have more presence and "meat" to them than my Beyers, though the Beyers seem to have a larger soundstage. There's actually not an Earth-shattering difference between these phones, at least not in their unbroken state. The Beyers sound sort of thin and bland when I switch back and forth - if there's any Sennheiser "veil" here, I'm certainly not hearing it. Great sound through the Crack amp, almost as good with the S.E.X., and I suspect almost as good with the Quickie once I finish rebuilding it into a "SuperQuckie" - with custom enclosure and better parts.

ssssly:
I see you already bought a pair of phones but just thought I would give you another option. Might want to check out the AKG 240 series. I have a pair of K240DFs that I have been using with my SEX. I am very fond of them and you can pick up a pair used for around $100.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version