Auricap Orientation

Air · 10923

Offline Air

• Open wine w/ a pocketknife? No Problemo
on: March 07, 2010, 10:21:00 AM
I was looking at the EPF III manual and saw the orientation of the upgraded Auricaps. I just checked mine and the leads are reversed. Is it worth taking the unit to the bench? It sounds very good to me (of course) so I am seeking a little advice from the unbiased; is this something I will hear?
Thanks in advance for your opinions and information.

Chuck, aka Air

Chuck McCalment    Linn TT- Seduction (C4S), EFPIII, Parabees's w/ shunt reg and DC heaters. Nava interconnects, homebrew power and speaker cables,  Homemade three way & S8's w/ ribbons for Christmas.
a Technics RS1500 that needs a little love.

Offline Grainger49

Reply #1 on: March 07, 2010, 02:43:01 PM
I think there is a slightly higher noise rejection with the orientation that is suggested.  Hopefully that will help you make the decision to go to the workbench or not.

Offline Air

• Open wine w/ a pocketknife? No Problemo
Reply #2 on: March 07, 2010, 04:51:03 PM
Thanks Grainger, coming from Mr. Capacitor I will take that as the final word. In my post I wrote unbiased, sorry, that should have been "experienced".. hope I didn't put anyone off with that slip.
I will put it on the bench and exchange the original 2.2 mfd for the new EFP III 3.3's that I did not exchange during the Extended build. Will let you know if there is any noticeable change with the larger caps.
Thanks for your reply my friend. - Chuck

Chuck McCalment    Linn TT- Seduction (C4S), EFPIII, Parabees's w/ shunt reg and DC heaters. Nava interconnects, homebrew power and speaker cables,  Homemade three way & S8's w/ ribbons for Christmas.
a Technics RS1500 that needs a little love.

Offline Grainger49

Reply #3 on: March 08, 2010, 01:02:09 AM
Chuck, thanks for the compliment.  I have concentrated on the more affordable capacitors.  I just wish I had the budget to experience some of "The High Priced Spread" caps like V-Caps.  I got a pair of Mundorf Silver/Oil using some birthday money last year.  They are sounding so nice in my FP 2 that I haven't even tried a Teflon Bypass yet.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 04:18:49 AM by Grainger49 »