Bottlehead Kits > Reduction

Reduction Kit - Missing Parts & Questions.

(1/2) > >>

Chris65:
Hi Doc & co.
Just received my new Reduction kit. Unfortunately some parts were missing (the 0.1uF film caps) & an LED from the Integration kit.
I've emailed the replacement parts address & the Queen, but not getting any response (nearly a week).
I guess you guys are busy after the sales weekend, but was hoping to hear something, or will the missing parts just turn-up?

Been studying the manual, and was wondering if there was a reason for the paralleled capacitors in the amplifier circuit? Could they be replaced by a single 0.03uF or 0.033uF capacitor?

Doc B.:
Sorry Chris, Eileen had not been able to get to the replacement parts emails yet this week. I believe you will find that she has responded in the past half hour.

Chris65:
Yes, she has. Thanks Doc.

Chris65:
Well, I'd checked all the major items in the kit, only left the bag of screws/nuts & other hardware.
Just went through the bag to check all was there, only to find several missing nuts!

If I could source them easily, I'd just buy locally but American thread sizes aren't common here so have emailed Eileen again.

Grainger49:
Chris,

In answer to the capacitor value question, they are in the RIAA Equalization circuit.  Changing to a single 0.033uF is 10% off, that is a bad thing.  But a single, better 0.03uF would work.  The Eros has a single 0.03uF that could be substituted with better stack of 0.01uF such as these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/0-01uF-500V-5-AUDIO-teflon-capacitors-K72P-6-Lot-of-1pcs-/251307157913?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a8312e999

I don't know what is in the Reduction kit but you may already have better capacitors.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version