Your 5 Favorite Christmas Albums

Grainger49 · 4653

Offline Chris

Reply #15 on: December 13, 2013, 10:33:02 AM
Also Jethro Tull has a Christmas cd... How do I know this??  OK, this is off topic a hint but, this is kind of a funny story... A few years back, I attended (and was excited for), a Jethro Tull concert in Watford, England.. It was in july and JT's latest cd offering at the time was a Christmas cd...  And I kid you not, Ian Anderson would interject a BUNCH of the Christmas songs in between some of their classics... So, in a nutshell, they only played a few of their Mega classics which is what we ALL came to see and hear of course... BUT NOooooo, Ian kept wanting to play "in his words" ANOTHER christmas song from the new cd!!!  Can you imagine we had to suffer through a bunch of christmas songs in JULY!...  I am yelling "AQUALUNG!!, THICK AS A BRICK!!!, but to no avail, next up ? Hark, the Herald Angels Sing!!!!   hahaha , I will never forget it.... ok , back on topic... sorry....:)

Offline Grainger49

Reply #16 on: December 13, 2013, 10:36:36 AM
Some years back, when we were in Scotland we found out that Ian Anderson owns a number of Salmon Farms in the Scottish Lochs.  I told the drive that his bass player, Dave Pegg, had a second job with Fairport Convention, he didn't know that.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 04:04:17 AM by Grainger49 »

Offline Chris

Reply #17 on: December 13, 2013, 10:48:20 AM
Yes, He has been in that industry for a number of years... He is a fascinating guy... When he grabbed his mandolin to play, he said...... "Yet another 'girlie' instrument" hahaha...
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 10:51:48 AM by Chris »

Offline JamieMcC

Reply #18 on: December 13, 2013, 01:15:25 PM
Fairytale in New York by the Pogues.  Its only christmas when you hear a pub full of drunk people singling along..  ...its an Irish thing ;)

Plus 1, it always makes me smile the first time I hear it played year after year you just know Christmas is coming.

Shoot for the moon if you miss you will still be amongst the stars!