Random Access Memories

J. Mauro · 2356

Offline J. Mauro

on: December 20, 2013, 06:18:10 PM
I have never been much of a Daft Punk fan, but wow, this new album is sure good. It's also a fantastic pressing, so clean and smooth. It isn't something I would listen to everyday, but it sure is something I could relax with and enjoy for a good while. What say the rest of you bottleheads?

Jeremy Mauro

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #1 on: December 20, 2013, 07:36:40 PM
I know Clark Blumenstein is a huge fan.  I'm still 50/50 on it...

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline rockpassion

Reply #2 on: December 22, 2013, 05:57:30 PM
My wife and I love to dance and we starting dating back in the disco era.  I loved good underground disco (not heard on the radio) which consisted mostly of European and some American artist.  I have listened to this album a number of times and I find it to be really good.  Makes me want to dance.  The tribute to Giorgio Moroder is one of my favorites but I think the rest of the album is constructed with great music.  I still collect old Disco LP's (no not KC and the Sunshine Co.) when I can find them cheap enough and in Near MInt condition.  While I really like good Jazz I also really like the new Electronic Dance Music.  I am glad to find others that have a taste for this type music.

Richard Vince

VPI MkIV, Woody Tonearm w/Shelter 501 MkII Cart. w/Soundsmith rebuild, Cinemag CMQEE-3440A SUT, Eros Phono Preamp, Beepre Preamp , QuickSilver V4 Amps, DIY 89259 Speaker Cables  & interconnects, VH Audio Power Cables, OPPO 205 Player, DIY 3 way speakers

Offline johnsonad

Reply #3 on: December 23, 2013, 02:18:08 AM
This is one of my favorites of the year and admit I find myself dancing to it too. I've been exploring electronic music more recently. Any recommendations along this line?

Aaron Johnson

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #4 on: December 24, 2013, 02:37:59 PM
Any recommendations along this line?

Try "Richest Man in Babylon" by Thievery Corporation. 

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline Natural Sound

Reply #5 on: December 24, 2013, 05:58:42 PM
I don't dance unless someone is shooting at my feet.

Offline rockpassion

Reply #6 on: December 26, 2013, 08:50:22 AM
Aaron Johnson,

I personally enjoy Paul Oakenfold, Armin van Buren, and Tiesto.  Paul Oakenfold has some really interesting stuff all electronic of course with some vocals.  Another artist that has some really interesting music is Richard Digweed.  I do not believe any of these artists have anything on Vinyl though.  Everything I have by them is on CD.  The other thing is, this is all in the Genre called Trance in EDM parlance. 

If you have Pandora you can easily listen to this music just by using there names as a Category. 

Good luck and happy holidays.

Richard Vince

Richard Vince

VPI MkIV, Woody Tonearm w/Shelter 501 MkII Cart. w/Soundsmith rebuild, Cinemag CMQEE-3440A SUT, Eros Phono Preamp, Beepre Preamp , QuickSilver V4 Amps, DIY 89259 Speaker Cables  & interconnects, VH Audio Power Cables, OPPO 205 Player, DIY 3 way speakers

Offline johnsonad

Reply #7 on: December 26, 2013, 09:50:34 AM
Thank you for the suggestions Richard!

Aaron Johnson