Bottlehead Kits > Reduction

Only 45 volts on terminal 2 (now fixed)

(1/1)

Aussie Blue:
Supposed to be 70-90v. Everything else measures fine. Switching tubes doesn't change the reading. Is this indicative of a problem? 

The unit plays/sounds great. Should I just relax and enjoy, or is there something to fix?

K.

Paul Birkeland:

--- Quote from: Aussie Blue on January 20, 2014, 07:04:15 PM --- Switching tubes doesn't change the reading. Is this indicative of a problem? 

--- End quote ---

Yes, it certainly is. 2 and 7 should both change a little bit when you switch tubes.

You have the red wire curling in to terminal 4?  Do you have 0V DC at terminal 5?

Aussie Blue:
Yes, red wire from PS #57 is connected at 4, with 144.5v.

There's a slight (1.5v) reading on 5.

Thoughts?

Many Thanks,

Kevin

Paul Birkeland:

--- Quote from: Aussie Blue on January 21, 2014, 09:51:22 AM ---
There's a slight (1.5v) reading on 5.

--- End quote ---

Well, that's not so great!

Follow that black wire leaving terminal 5, and solder every solder joint along the way till it hits the solder lug at the chassis.

Also - this wire is supposed to go to pin 9 on the 9 pin socket, your issue could be 100% explained by this wire accidentally going to pin 8 on that socket instead.

-PB

Aussie Blue:
Yeah, that's it arright... Upon review, I noticed something was fishy when compared to the finished photo in the amplifier circuit.
With all the ground wiring obscuring A9, I just kind of transposed pins with the black wire, mistaking A8 for A9 (Doh!).

Re-connected and cleared low voltages right up.  Now hummin' along.
Now to get busy spinning some vinyl. ;D

Thanks All for the great support!!!

K.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version