EXO 145s

Jim R. · 5260

Offline Jim R.

• Blind Bottlehead
on: March 08, 2014, 03:02:29 PM
Yes, this week I got one of the last pairs of EXO-145s to be made -- and as Mike tells me, one of only 10- 12 pairs made. The reason is that the secondary wire is an OFC Litz type, with no taps or splices in the winding. Then there is the full, larger than stock nickel lam stack, and all wrapped up in a nice brass channel frame. Mike, if you're reading this, these are absolutely gorgeous and the lams are are the best I've ever felt -- totally smooth and accoding to my wife, a nice "shiny silver" color.

I finished the other mods to my sr-45s this week and next I plan to sub in M4 exo-45s jin place of the tfa-2004 nickel -- just to hear what it sounds like with my speakers, and then when the time is right I'll give the EXO-145s a try. Whichever of the exos that sound better with my speakers and system will end up in the completely rebuilt amps.

Jim

Jim Rebman -- recovering audiophile

Equitech balanced power; uRendu, USB processor -> Musette DAC -> 5670 tube buffer -> Finale Audio F138 FFX -> Cain and Cain Abbys near-field).

s.e.x. 2.1 under construction.  Want list: Stereomour II

All ICs homemade (speaker and power next)

Offline johnsonad

Reply #1 on: March 08, 2014, 03:06:05 PM
Congrats Jim! I excited to hear your impressions!

Aaron Johnson

Offline Jim R.

• Blind Bottlehead
Reply #2 on: March 09, 2014, 06:11:52 AM
Aaron,

Sure will especially since you're the guy who made me aware of them in the first place.

-- Jim

Jim Rebman -- recovering audiophile

Equitech balanced power; uRendu, USB processor -> Musette DAC -> 5670 tube buffer -> Finale Audio F138 FFX -> Cain and Cain Abbys near-field).

s.e.x. 2.1 under construction.  Want list: Stereomour II

All ICs homemade (speaker and power next)