Bottlehead Kits > S.E.X. Kit

Iron C4S instructions for SeX kit

(1/5) > >>

JIPPER:
Quote from: jrebman on October 17, 2009, 03:17:11
BTW, I can't seem to find the instructions for the iron/c4s upgrade as they are not on the new s.e.x. amp product page (yet?).

You can find the sex iron instructions at this link:
http://www.bottlehead.com/et/adobespc/S.E.X./ironsupplementkit.htm

It is linked from the old Bottlehead frontpage, through the community page, then the Sex Amp Stuff link, then scroll down to the link to iron supplement etc.  this link goes directly to the instructions.  It is difficult to find.

JP

denti alligator:
Since those directions include cap upgrades and the C4S boards, both of which I've already done, I just want to be sure that installing the MagneQuest irons is really as simple as replacing the stock ones. Nothing needs to be removed or added, right?

Grainger49:
Sam,

The MQ iron usually has fewer secondary taps (4, 8, 16 ohms) than the stock iron.  Sometime fewer primary taps in the case of the old line transformers. 

So, YES, it is awfully easy!

denti alligator:
Actually, I've found this to be a PITA, so far.

Just to confirm, when the instructions say "Remove the 1uF parallel feed coupling capacitor from each channel - terminals 15 and A2 on one side and terminals 35 and B6 on the other side," this is because those caps will be replaced as part of an upgrade. I ignore this if I'm just doing the irons?

Grainger49:
Yes, the old Bottlehead supplied upgrade kit included new output/Parafeed caps.  So if you are just upgrading the iron, ignore removing the capacitors.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version