240V stereomour

srhombeus · 10497

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #30 on: July 05, 2014, 11:35:01 AM
Do not turn the amp on again. Go back and do the resistance measurements and report to us any terminals that are not the same as the manual.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline srhombeus

Reply #31 on: July 05, 2014, 12:40:03 PM
Do not turn the amp on again. Go back and do the resistance measurements and report to us any terminals that are not the same as the manual.

There's no movement on terminal 2. All of them are in range..

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #32 on: July 05, 2014, 12:43:22 PM
Maybe you can just start with the pictures?

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline srhombeus

Reply #33 on: July 05, 2014, 12:50:18 PM
(https://forum.bottlehead.com/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.hizliresim.com%2FjzPaXr.jpg&hash=8a886805ce59b5dd9bcbde153cea76513387bd5e)

Offline srhombeus

Reply #34 on: July 05, 2014, 02:37:07 PM
I think that the problem is with the red led,because when i check with voltmeter,there are electricity until OA.I resoldered all parts in this board.

Offline srhombeus

Reply #35 on: July 06, 2014, 12:07:42 AM
I've noticed that i made a big mistake.. After changing the broken 330 kohm resistor,I forgot the connect the cable going through bA pad - bB pad . I hope I didn't damaged any 2a3 tube etc.  Now i will reorder active load pc board. Because it's really dirty with remaining solders and i don't know which parts are damaged. And also i need a potentiometer,i plan to buy alps blue velvet 100k if it's suitable for stereomour. I think that will be the longest assembly process in the forum,i am a real amateur.  Sorry for asking too much question,but i am waiting for your advices.

Offline Grainger49

Reply #36 on: July 06, 2014, 06:40:18 AM
A 100k Ohm volume pot is the universal replacement for all Bottlehead products.

Offline srhombeus

Reply #37 on: July 06, 2014, 07:01:57 AM
A 100k Ohm volume pot is the universal replacement for all Bottlehead products.

Thanks for your reply. I think the problem is in active load pc board,probably leds. How can i check the power supply board correctively?  Because I heard little explosion sound 2 times when i turn on the amp,i think it was from 2 leds blown..  I have to understand which parts are defeated before ordering.

Offline srhombeus

Reply #38 on: July 06, 2014, 10:06:21 PM
Sorry for asking too much questions.But today I plan to order new active load pc board with all parts.How can I be sure that other parts are all okay?  Fuse is okay,there was no smoke from transformators.Tubes looks okay. Just two leds are not glowing,and there was a smoke from potentiometer,today i placed an order for alps blue velvet 100k.  And I will replace an order for the remaining parts after your informations. For the resistance measurements,only terminal 2 looks not in range.All of them looks ok.  I can't find all parts in my country,so i am thinking to order all needed parts in one time. Thanks again.

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #39 on: July 08, 2014, 11:20:58 AM
Does your 100K pot look OK?

You may have had the solder joint on pin 1 of the 9 pin socket touch pin 2 of the 9 pin socket, which would warm up your pot pretty quickly.

-PB

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Offline srhombeus

Reply #40 on: July 08, 2014, 11:32:45 AM
Does your 100K pot look OK?

You may have had the solder joint on pin 1 of the 9 pin socket touch pin 2 of the 9 pin socket, which would warm up your pot pretty quickly.

-PB

There was a smoke on the 100k pot,I've ordered alps blue velvet for replacement. And also 2 red leds dont glow.I've ordered new cs4 board from mrs. Eileen tonight.  My question is how can I test power supply board?  Because i dont want to burn another parts when i turn on the amp again.

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #41 on: July 09, 2014, 08:13:42 AM
You can run the amplifier with the 2A3's installed to test the power supply board.

A DC voltage of 55-65V on pins 1 and 4 of each 4 pin socket would indicate a working power supply PC board.

-PB

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Offline srhombeus

Reply #42 on: July 09, 2014, 08:33:39 AM
How can i disconnect c4s board while doing that? Do i have to take off all the cables coming from power supply board to c4s board ?
You can run the amplifier with the 2A3's installed to test the power supply board.

A DC voltage of 55-65V on pins 1 and 4 of each 4 pin socket would indicate a working power supply PC board.

-PB

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #43 on: July 09, 2014, 10:56:47 AM
How can i disconnect c4s board while doing that? Do i have to take off all the cables coming from power supply board to c4s board ?
If the C4S board is out of the amp, you're OK.  The two black wires that go to bA and bB should be temporarily soldered together.  The red wire leaving the high voltage supply on the PC board can poke up in the air, just don't touch it while you're testing.

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Offline srhombeus

Reply #44 on: July 09, 2014, 11:24:49 AM
You mean the two black wires coming from -reg of each side? And there are also two red wires of high voltage of power supply board. Do i have to take two of these wires and also black ground wire?

If the C4S board is out of the amp, you're OK.  The two black wires that go to bA and bB should be temporarily soldered together.  The red wire leaving the high voltage supply on the PC board can poke up in the air, just don't touch it while you're testing.