Bottlehead Kits > Crack

Tube Rolling w/Crack

<< < (491/491)

N72826:

--- Quote from: Paul Birkeland on January 30, 2024, 08:39:24 AM ---This is a near-new 12AU7.

--- End quote ---

Oh wow! I expected you to tell me it only has a month to live lol.  ;D
And that wasn't intended as a jab at how it sounds, it sounds perfectly fine. I just felt it was impossible to get one of these that isn't on its way out for so cheap. Since I made my first post, the hiss has not only gone down significantly to where I'm not fixating on it, but now it's balanced and not primarily in the left channel which was way more distracting.

--- Quote from: Tom-s on January 30, 2024, 11:42:55 AM ---9 should be 1959 but your R is probably a misread B -> feb. R doesn't exist in that years Philips code.

As PB said. Is that the test result with the Valvo in the Crack? That's really good actually.
The best tester at the end of the days is the circuit the tube is used in. If it works, it works.

--- End quote ---

No wonder I couldn't find anything when trying to google it. I did mistake the B for an R in D9B. Thank you for identifying the tube, and yes those readings are from the Valvo  :D

2wo:
A lot of these tubes have been sitting around for years and years since they were last run, if at all. You need to let them run for a good while before you know what you have... John

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version