Bottlehead Kits > Crack

Tube Rolling w/Crack

<< < (2/491) > >>

Dr. Toobz:

--- Quote from: roger_s on May 02, 2010, 04:00:56 PM ---.... It does a better job with my HD-650's than my K-702's but not by much.

--- End quote ---

Just how good is it with the AKGs? A couple of us have been wondering if the impedance is too low on those. How about bass?

Jim R.:
Roger,

How did you implement the Neutrik locking jack with the 2.49k resistors?  I have a couple of those jacks and they don't apppear to have any switched terminals.

Thanks,

Jim

roger_s:
Overall they're quite good. Bass doesn't measure up to what the higher impedance Senns provides but the soundstage and imaging are on a par.  Bear in mind I don't have a lot of hours on the Crack and am still in the process of trying different phones--still need to plug in some Grados--expect some different impressions over time. However, I suspect that the Senns won't give up their lead.

--- Quote from: Dr. Toobz on May 02, 2010, 04:21:13 PM ---
--- Quote from: roger_s on May 02, 2010, 04:00:56 PM ---.... It does a better job with my HD-650's than my K-702's but not by much.

--- End quote ---

Just how good is it with the AKGs? A couple of us have been wondering if the impedance is too low on those. How about bass?

--- End quote ---

roger_s:
Ran them from tip and ring to sleeve. It's not pretty, the holes are too small for wire+resistors. I ended up soldering the wires in place, placing the resistors on top and soldering them in place. It works but I'll likely re-doing it for a cleaner and more mechanically sound installation. 

Near as I can tell the switch function of the stock jack isn't being used.

--- Quote from: jrebman on May 02, 2010, 04:34:17 PM ---Roger,

How did you implement the Neutrik locking jack with the 2.49k resistors?  I have a couple of those jacks and they don't apppear to have any switched terminals.

Thanks,

Jim

--- End quote ---

Jim R.:
Roger,

Ok, I'll ring out the jack today as I thought those resistors were switched in when the headphone plug was removed, and for what I guessed to bleed down the coupling caps, but I guess they'd do the same thing and prevent power-up transient suppression if just soldered directly as you did.

-- Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version