I have a couple Quicksand questions

Pfenning · 2854

Offline Pfenning

• My knockoffs
    • This is the place
on: August 17, 2014, 01:04:43 PM
What are the recommendations for speakers? I assume high efficiency is the key. Can I run some high efficiency Pro audio monitors full range to room filling volumes? Can I power it with my Dewalt 18 volt rechargeable batteries? It would be cool to run a small PA rig in my garage off my tool batteries.

Pfenning   

Pfenning

Paramour 1's with c4s and iron upgrade, Foreplay II, Seduction with c4s, Crack (stock) and Foreplay III (waiting to be built), DIY turntable with Rega RB250 arm with Incognito wiring, Oppo DVD, Pi Stage 4's and DIY subs

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #1 on: August 17, 2014, 02:48:15 PM
What are the recommendations for speakers? I assume high efficiency is the key. Can I run some high efficiency Pro audio monitors full range to room filling volumes?
The answer is probably yes.  If your room is an airplane hangar, then no, but if your room is reasonable, then you should be just fine.
Can I power it with my Dewalt 18 volt rechargeable batteries?
That's kind of been a running joke in the office, that we should build an amp that will take a power tool battery.  If you can figure out how to make good connections, that will work just fine. 

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man