Other Gear > Headphones

Perfect headphone / Bottlehead pairings

(1/6) > >>

denti alligator:
The "perfect pairings" of various brands and models of headphones with the three available Bottleheads headphone amps are floating all over this forum. I'd like to try and bring them together here. I myself have only heard one pairing (see my sig), and am curious about others. Specifications for type of music also welcome. I'll see if I can update this post with the most recommended pairings.

Tally (no. of votes in parens)

Crack
                  HD600s (3)
                  HD650s
                  Beyerdynamic T1
                  Beyerdynamic T90
                  Bottleheadphones (if you are on a budget)
                  Beyerdynamic DT770 250 ohm (closed back) (budget option)

S.E.X.        HiFiMan
                  Grado (MS-Pro, RS1, or better)
                  NAD VISO HP50 (w/ SEX 2.1, set to 8 ohms)
                  Sony MDR-V6
                  Beyerdynamic T1

Mainline
                 HD800 with Anax mod

Paramounts/Parabee
                 AKG K1000s

Doc B.:
Here's my suggestions -

Crack - HD600s, or Bottleheadphones if you are on a budget
S.E.X. - HiFiMan, take your pick of model
Mainline - HD800 with Anax mod
Paramounts/Parabee - AKG K1000s

mcandmar:
Obvious pairing first, the HD600/650 and Crack. I get the impression the HD800 and mainline are of an equal pairing.

For the S.E.X. amp i would have to say Grados. Its great with my Hifiman HE500 planars, but the Grados is where the magics at.

As for type of music, my taste is rather wide and diverse but there is one rule it all conforms to, has to involve a real person playing an instrument, pretty much without exception.  Though i do tend to lean more towards female vocals and jazz.

JamieMcC:
A hot rodded Crack and the Beyerdynamic T1 make a super pairing that totally eclipse's my HD650 with vocals and acoustic music, the level of nuance texture and delicacy is a joy to hear and I really find it hard to believe what I was missing before.

xcortes:
Big Pre with Sony MDR R10.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version