Quickie + Quicksand Combo

tdogzthmn · 3532

Offline tdogzthmn

• Industrial Designer
on: September 24, 2014, 10:25:35 AM
I got my quickie and quicksand with the intention of building a portable party rig I can haul around to various events and parties. The plan is to build both kits into a single enclosure for ease of portability. Wanted to ask if there would be any advantages of side by side vs. end to end layout. I don't plan on hardwiring the them together so I can preserve the ability to use them independently if desired.  Otherwise I look forward to a fun little project.

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #1 on: September 24, 2014, 10:52:07 AM
Shouldn't make any difference electrically. Might put them in a suitcase, one mounted in each half.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #2 on: September 24, 2014, 05:02:41 PM
If you have a table saw, you may be able to trim down the chassis plate of the Quicksand to allow it to fit under the Quickie.  As always, your mileage may vary, and this may or may not work out as expected.

-PB

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline tdogzthmn

• Industrial Designer
Reply #3 on: September 25, 2014, 04:51:33 AM
I did think about a stacking combo but I wanted to maintain the individual functionality of each unit.  I think a side by side configuration might work best and would keep all the connections accessible. 

Like wise, if doc was able to provide me with the CAD layouts for the top plates, I could re-cut a single piece of acrylic that has all the mounting holes using the laser cutter at my office.  I have some .25" thick acrylic at hand that would be perfect.  Let me know if that is doable.

Best,
Thomas

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #4 on: September 25, 2014, 06:56:30 AM
There are no CAD layouts, those panels are done manually. And our policy is not to give out our panel files for other kits.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.