Any more sources for Axon caps?

Jim R. · 3570

Offline Jim R.

• Blind Bottlehead
on: May 07, 2010, 06:37:04 AM
Looks like PCX is out of the 100 uF 250-v True caps and they just told me that they won't be restocking.

Anybody else have any alternate sources for these?

Thanks,

Jim

Jim Rebman -- recovering audiophile

Equitech balanced power; uRendu, USB processor -> Musette DAC -> 5670 tube buffer -> Finale Audio F138 FFX -> Cain and Cain Abbys near-field).

s.e.x. 2.1 under construction.  Want list: Stereomour II

All ICs homemade (speaker and power next)

Offline grufti

Reply #1 on: May 07, 2010, 08:43:39 AM
Michael Percy Audio in Nevada City, CA has Axon caps. I have always had good look buying there, but I have also seen the occasional complaint about slow response times, etc.  I always used email to communicate.

His catalog is here: http://percyaudio.com/Catalog.pdf . The Axon and Solen caps are on page 6.

Offline Jim R.

• Blind Bottlehead
Reply #2 on: May 07, 2010, 10:17:00 AM
Thanks -- I didn't even think to check there.  I have bought from Percy several times and have never had a problem but didn't know he carried the Axon caps.

Thanks again,

Jim

Jim Rebman -- recovering audiophile

Equitech balanced power; uRendu, USB processor -> Musette DAC -> 5670 tube buffer -> Finale Audio F138 FFX -> Cain and Cain Abbys near-field).

s.e.x. 2.1 under construction.  Want list: Stereomour II

All ICs homemade (speaker and power next)

Offline ironbut

Reply #3 on: May 07, 2010, 01:30:32 PM
The Axons are mixed in with the regular Solon caps in the Percy catalog.
Usually if Michael doesn't respond in 24 hours, I send a second email. I'm here in Ca and sometimes I'll get my order the next day! Usually, I have to wait a whole 2 days!
Most of the problems with slow response times is when he's on vacation. It appears that he's a one man show.

steve koto