plz help fourplay 2 , paramour 300b

balancedtriode · 3362

Offline balancedtriode

on: June 13, 2010, 04:14:07 PM
i guess this starts with the death of my grandfather MIT Grad who went on the GI bill after WW2
He was a electrical engineer/ horder  he had unbuilt kits from the late 60`s to `00`s including various heathkit , dynaco, knight, and most recently bottle head. problem is its going to take years to sort through the stuff im interested in building the bottle head kits , he has a fourplay2 and a paramour 300b kit all in one box its gonna be hard to sort these out no manuals or packing lists
i feel he would want me to build these kits he left them to me in his will, im starting with the new and working my way back. he taught me to hold a soldering iron when i was just 6.
please i need the manuals or i wont be able to complete them so if any 1 can scan them and send them to me it would be greatly appriciated

Thorens TD-160 Custom(rebuilt by me) with SME 3009 arm
Bottlehead Seduction
Extended Foreplay-III (build underway)
Stereomour Power Amp conversion (Heavily Modded)
Klipsch Cornwalls' with Vertical Horns

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #1 on: June 13, 2010, 05:14:58 PM
It would help if you knew the approximate dates that the kits were shipped, as the manuals did change a bit over the years.

The Paramour is a 2A3 amp, if you have a kit with 300B's, it is likely a different kit.  Posting a photo of the parts included in the amp kit will make it easier to identify.

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline Grainger49

Reply #2 on: June 14, 2010, 01:01:36 AM
There were two iterations of the original Foreplay (FP).  The first had a 12.6V heater winding and the newer, FP 2, had a 6.3V heater winding.  There were a number of Bottlehead options so if you can determine which transformer you have, if you have the C4S boards, if you have the stepped attenuators (Sweet Whispers), you can contact "The Queen" and she can send you a manual.  That is queen at bottlehead dot com or call at (360) 697-1936.

I can post a picture of the stock FP 2 (6.3V heaters) transformer that might help you narrow down the possibilities.

Offline balancedtriode

Reply #3 on: June 14, 2010, 02:14:48 PM
ill go through the box and get back to u guys thanks for the info

Bottlehead Seduction

Offline Paul Joppa

• Global Moderator
Reply #4 on: June 14, 2010, 02:49:13 PM
If they are recent, the manuals will be on CD-ROM.

Paul Joppa

Offline balancedtriode

Reply #5 on: June 20, 2010, 03:32:26 PM
found the packing list for the paramours i was wrong about the tubes being 300b`s instead they are 2a3`s So they are paramours , as for the fourplay 2 still havent found the packing list  but i am still looking
SO MUCH STUFF!!!
dont have a digital camera i belive they are a bast@rdization of real film. analog all the way
ill continue to look and get back to u guys

Bottlehead Seduction