Bottlehead Kits > Crackheadphone

Crack Headphone Specs

(1/3) > >>

cspirou:
Could anyone tell me what the impedance for the Crackheadphone is? I tried finding it on the product page but it wasn't there.

Grainger49:
You are right. 

The Crackheadphone is intended for use with the Crack OTL amp.  It isn't intended to sound good with other amps.  So in the intended use its impedance is a moot point.

Just saying....

cspirou:
I know that it is a specially designed product for the crack amp. But i would at least like to know a few performance specs. Even though I would love to have a frequency response curve of this combo I don't really expect that. But I don't think knowing the resulting impedance is an unusual thing to ask for since it's a common spec. I am just wondering if the impedance on the headphones are increased substantially or if they basically remain the same but the interplay with the Crack is done in a way that greatly enhances the sound you would get otherwise?

mcandmar:
The base headphone is ~40ohms however there is a resistor installed in series to raise the impedance.

Grainger49:
As for impedance, I had 10 weeks on just impedance getting an EE degree.  It is not a simple thing.  The number, magnitude, changes with every frequency as does the angle, reactance:

http://bottlehead.com/smf/index.php?topic=3873.msg35184#msg35184

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version