Seductor Manual question

nsorens · 3370

Offline nsorens

on: November 16, 2014, 02:59:28 PM
I'm building the new Seductor amp and have a question about the instructions on page 34. 

The 9" red wire that goes to the center lug on socket "B" is attached to terminal 45L in the photos, but the instructions say to solder it to terminal 46L.  46L is instructed to be soldered up on the previous page 33. 
Typo?
I appreciate some help here, I love building the Bottlehead kits but I still don't know how to read the circuit diagrams.  In previous builds i have found it best to go with what the pictures show. :P

Thanks for any insights,

Nels

Offline fullheadofnothing

• Global Moderator
  • A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man
Reply #1 on: November 16, 2014, 03:15:49 PM
46L is a typo, it should be 45L.

Joshua Harris

I Write the Manuals That Make The Whole World Sing
Kit Packer Emeritus

Offline Paul Joppa

• Global Moderator
Reply #2 on: November 16, 2014, 03:47:03 PM
... In previous builds i have found it best to go with what the pictures show. :P ...
Usually a good idea - the amp is photographed as it's built, then tested to confirm that the build that was photographed is correct and actually worked. The testing, incidentally, includes getting the numbers for the voltage test section of the manual.

Rarely, there are small changes (usually different parts due to availability) that are photoshopped in, but nothing that would break the internet.  :^)

Paul Joppa

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #3 on: November 16, 2014, 04:47:40 PM
Rarely, there are small changes (usually different parts due to availability) that are photoshopped in, but nothing that would break the internet.  :^)

Josh is pretty good at turning diodes around in Photoshop.

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline nsorens

Reply #4 on: November 16, 2014, 06:31:03 PM
Thanks guys! That was quick!