Dac status

Jcris · 4018

Offline Jcris

on: September 20, 2014, 05:47:34 AM
I've not frequented the forums much in the last couple years. Kinda lost track of the Dac kit
Anyone complete one yet?
Thx
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 05:51:44 AM by John Cris roman »

2A3 Paramounts with soft start. Extended Foreplay 3 with 6SN7 conversion and Goldpoints. HRT 2 music streamer DAC. DIY silver interconnects ala Chris Ven Haus. Off the shelf Monster silver speaker cables. DIY open baffle speakers ala Dick Olsher. JRiver media center 21.

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #1 on: September 20, 2014, 06:21:50 AM
Not even us. It is in the final stages of protoyping. The DAC will come as an assembled unit to preclude anyone accidentally roasting the motherboard during assembly, as they will cost about $750 to replace. The standard DAC will run from a wall wart, and we will offer a rechargeable battery supply in kit form as an upgrade.

We hope to have a picture of the finished product and to begin our crowdfunding program in the next couple of weeks.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 12:00:13 PM by Doc B. »

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #2 on: October 03, 2014, 12:02:58 PM
Today's update - we got the new aluminum rear panel prototype in yesterday. From that we will have a matching front acylic panel made early next week. I hope to have a pic of what the production model will look like some time next week.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline mcandmar

• Not all engineers are civil
Reply #3 on: October 03, 2014, 03:32:30 PM
Cant wait to see it.   It is my birthday this month so feel free to start pre orders any day now :)

M.McCandless

Offline dubiousmike

Reply #4 on: October 08, 2014, 08:43:56 PM
For anyone else who has been hanging around in the wrong forum waiting for updates, head this-a-way: http://bottlehead.com/smf/index.php?topic=6875.0

Mike M.